PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Sealer and Glaze

imported_chewy
04-14-2003, 09:06 AM
Had an bottle of Mother`s Sealer and Glaze that`s been in my closet for two years. Got it out and gave it a good shake--seemed to look okay--so I thought I would give it a try again. I washed and clayed my ruby red Alero. Didn`t have the time to use my 3M SMR--so went ahead with the Mother`s.

I did remember that the first time I used it I used way too much and let it dry completely--was a real monster to remove. This time I used a very thin layer and went with Forest`s suggestion to buff it right off. So I did one panel at a time using a Viking foam pad and buffed with a MF towel. This method was much easier--was pretty easy to remove.

What I really liked about the product was the great vibrance and depth it gave to the paint. It left the surface very smooth and did a great job of taking care of the minor swirls I had.

I topped the Sealer and Glaze with S100 and it came out great. Probably the best combo I have used yet. I wish I had a digital camera and could post some pics. :xyxthumbs

shaf
04-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the review chewy. :) Have you used any other glazes or similar products to compare it to?

imported_chewy
04-14-2003, 06:59 PM
4DSC:

The only other thing I can adequately compare it to is Meguiars #7. While they are close in application, I would have to give the prize to Mothers for the depth and vibrance it provided. I will be picking up a new bottle soon.