PDA

View Full Version : My first time with a PC!!! (pics)

mauritiusblue
04-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Today I did a ful Detail with my new PC. I had the thing for a while but I finally got a chance to use it.

I started by washing the car with the Blackfire Shampoo.

Then I used my brand new Pinnacle Clay. So easy to do by the way.

Then came the SMR with my new PC since I always went to the automatic car wash.( I know its a sin now, will never do it again)

But since I have been doing it from when I bought the car in 1998, it had quite alot of swirls. I got most of the swirls out. I`ll work on it some more panel by panel, when I get the chance.

Then came the Black Fire All Finish Paint Protectant. I really like how it glows. I`ll probably do another panel with SMR next week and put another coat of BF2 on.

Here are some pics. They are not the greatest pics. My hands must have been tired after all the buffing hence the blur.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2001&size=big&papass=&sort=1

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1999&size=big&papass=&sort=1

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1997&size=big&papass=&sort=1

Please Critic my work. I want to know if I suck. :) I`ll try to get more pics after next week`s session. hee hee...

nEJIbMEHb
04-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Man, you need a tripod. There is nothin wrong with your hands. With light like this nobody can do better handheld shot.

imported_dookiebob
04-14-2003, 06:37 AM
You don`t suck, but your pictures do :D

Preachers Sheets
04-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Nice pictures, if you want to buy another sealent, try the Klasse twins (2 coats) then Blackfire (2 coats) and you`ll be quite happy with the results.

StLB5
04-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh, the old sunset picture trick. Cheater!!! Just kidding, try some pictures in some good light, that will show your skills a little better. I was working on the garage door opener this weekend and my wife came out at sunset and saw my car in the driveway. With the sunset it looked pretty good even though there is a good layer of crap on it. She asked if I had washed my car, kind of pissy like since there are so many new home projects I`ve got to do instead. Can`t wait to have the driveway poured so I can break out the PC too!

mauritiusblue
04-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I know...the sunset trick :).

But I was so excited to take pics after I was done. It took me almost 4 hours to complete and I was itching to get some pics. I`ll try to get the job done earlier in the day so that I have some better light this weekend.

Also keep in mind. Its a `98 Accord. I have not known anything about detailing and how to care for a car properly up until this past few months. I`m still learning from this wonderful forum. The paint, I would have to say is in sorry condition. I got lots of pits from stones and pebbles. Anyone know of any better ways of hiding the damn stones. Also, I got lots of scrapes on my bumper which I tend to fix in the near future.

At least my future cars will always be kept in outstanding condition.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep em coming.

thevolvoguy
04-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Hmm, what kind of camera are you using?

Anway, great work!! The paint looks awesome.

tkr128
04-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Great work! :xyxthumbs

Wow, it only took 4 hours to complete that? It took me nearly 8 hours to do a job on our Accord. Impressive!

mauritiusblue
04-15-2003, 12:04 AM
The camera I used is a Canon Powershot S200.

imported_Smoker
04-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Seems 80% of all photos on here are of black cars ... bah.

Wheres all the white & red ones ?