PDA

View Full Version : Did I do wrong by using a non-cotton Viking mitt?

evo77
04-13-2003, 09:36 PM
I couldn`t help it. It was nice out today and I wanted to wash the car by hand for the first time on my new Spec V. So I went out and tried to find the Viking wash mitt that has the cotton logo but no luck. Only the ones without the logo. So I figured what the hell...I`ll use it for now until I order the cotton one online. But at the same time I`m kinda scared because I don`t want to start marring the paint. After drying the car I did not see any major swirl marks or anything but I did see a few areas where very very slight marring occured. Or maybe I`m just being really picky.:D

So my real question is should I not use this or is it okay for now?

wizardofahs
04-13-2003, 10:02 PM
a really nice simple test is to feel it. If it feels soft than it probably won`t seriously scratch your paint. I think if it does marr a little, it probably won`t be enough to make a huge difference. If you don`t see much damage than there probably wasn`t any.

johnson
04-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Im not sure if this relates to your problem because its about the 100% cottons ones but this thread might help.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20677&highlight=viking

evo77
04-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow, glad I read that thread. I was about to order the cotton Viking mitt from yosteve.com. I guess I`ll wait for the new blue cuffed mitts to be released.