PDA

View Full Version : Is it really possible to keep a black car swirl free?

Hawkeye_TDI
04-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Because if it is then I am completely baffled. I use the two bucket method while washing, with a chenell mit, with NO pressure. I use 100% cotton towels and MFtech MF`s, I apply wax with a foam pad and Zaino with 100% cotton. I remove with the above towels. All the time using little or no pressure.

No matter what I do I create swirls.

What am I doing wrong? Help me please!

:bow :bow

imported_Smoker
04-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Prolly applying too much product or not using something abrasive enough to remove any existing swirls before you begin topping off the paint with its protective layers.

Marks are very easily made in the surface of the paint and periodically the whole lot needs to be compunded back to expose a nice new flat layer of clearcoat.

The clearcoat, however, is VERY hard and washing alone shouldnt induce any swirls, mainly things like a bad detail or those nice nylon auto car wash brushes whipping around at 120mph.

Who in their right mind would PAY to have their car damaged ???

Hawkeye_TDI
04-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Smoker

Prolly applying too much product or not using something abrasive enough to remove any existing swirls before you begin topping off the paint with its protective layers.

I use so minute a quantity of Z it`s ridiculous. Maybe I am not getting the swirls completely out in the prep but I`m pretty sure I did.

Lets say I did get them out. Are you saying with a good wash detail it`s impossible to induce marring?

Thx

Bruce

johnson
04-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Posted 4 days ago. Did you do a search?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21470&highlight=black+car+swirl+free

Preachers Sheets
04-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Yes but it is VERY hard to work to get there and I think it`s even harder to stay there.

Are you removing all of them when you polish or do you get them from everyday use of the car?

Tim Lingor
04-13-2003, 09:24 PM
I really have my doubts about keeping dark colors swirl free! I love the dark colors for their depth and shine, but they are a real bear to keep mark free. In my case, I have come to expect a few marks and deal with them each detailing session! Just IMHO!:nixweiss