PDA

View Full Version : Need some help plz

thomasd04
04-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Well this last month i bought a pc 7424, 3 white pads, 2 yellow pads, 3m smr, 3m ihg, klasse aio, p21s, magic clay bar, pak shack mf`s, big blue drying towel, mf foam applicator pads. Well i start out on a car that has some swirls that im wanting to get rid of. I washed, clayed, washed then start with the pc, white pad, smr. I did the trunk first and it looked pretty good. Well i wiped with a mf and left a scratch. The mf has only been washed, never used or dropped on anything. So i go over that area again and get that scracth looking a little better. I went ahead and applyed IHG on one half of the trunk and AIO on the other half to see what the finished result might look like. Well i was happy enough with the trunk i moved to the roof. When i got done going over it i had more swirls than before, and it looked like it was coming from the pc. I got a new white pad, misted with eagle one wet, went over again with smr and nothing. The swirls where still there and the half circular marks also. So i tried yellow pad, nothing. I moved to the hood and it didn`t remove any swrils. I did the sides and they looked alright. Im really confused on how the trunk looks good, but the rest of the car doesn`t. Im now scared to use this on any other car around the house, cause im afraid to make the worse. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong??

Thanks for the help.

tkr128
04-13-2003, 10:00 AM
I`m sure you spent some time researching the PC before using it, but just a few questions. Did you work the product in long enough? It usually takes a while for SMR to break down. What speed did you use the PC at? I`ve had more success with running it at a higher speed like 5 or 6 than a slower speed. Did you work in small sections or did you do the whole panel? I separate my trunk into 3 sections when polishing. It`s more effective to work on one small section than a whole section. Also, could it be that your scratches are too deep to be removed by SMR? You might have to use a more agressive product like Meguiar`s DACP to remove some stubborn swirls.

I hope this helps you some.

thomasd04
04-13-2003, 10:18 AM
I believe i worked the product long enough. The speed was at 3. I was doing sections, like the trunk i did half and later the other half.