PDA

View Full Version : Various EX Questions:

fireberd350
08-11-2004, 01:31 PM
I just VM`d my car last night and all I can say is WOW! Never have I even been more impressed with a product in all my life. It hide/removed 95% of my swirls. Anyways on to the EX.

1. I plan on using a PC for this task. I was thinking a grey/black(finishing) pad on speed 3-4. I`ve also seen people use a white pad. What is recommended? Wouldn`t the grey give a nicer finish?

2. Is this a wipe on wipe off product or do you wait?

3. I hear it provides good results when layered....any truth to this? If so is it recommended to wait 24 hrs between coats.

That`s all for now. thanks in advance, Steve

EBPcivicsi
08-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by fireberd350
I just VM`d my car last night and all I can say is WOW! Never have I even been more impressed with a product in all my life. It hide/removed 95% of my swirls. Anyways on to the EX.

1. I plan on using a PC for this task. I was thinking a grey/black(finishing) pad on speed 3-4. I`ve also seen people use a white pad. What is recommended? Wouldn`t the grey give a nicer finish?

2. Is this a wipe on wipe off product or do you wait?

3. I hear it provides good results when layered....any truth to this? If so is it recommended to wait 24 hrs between coats.

That`s all for now. thanks in advance, Steve

1. I would use a finishing pad.

2. I like to wait about 30 minutes. In the sun I have done both, either way worked fine.

3. I would do two lyers to ensure maximum coverage, wait 24 hours and apply one more by hand. Using the PC will maximize whatever cleaning ability EX has.

Woob
08-11-2004, 01:38 PM
3 coats 24 hours apart with finishing pad at 3.5 or 4. Wait 30 mins - 1 hour and its the easiest sealant i`ve used so far! u will like the look for sure

MattZ28
08-11-2004, 01:43 PM
1. Yes a finishing pad would be necessary. A polishing pad would be pointless with a product with no cleaners or abrasives.

2. Wipe on, let haze, wipe off. When I use EX-P I usually leave it on for about a half hour and it wipes off effortlessly.

3. Most people do 2-3 layers 24 hours apart.

fireberd350
08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Just as I expected. Thanks guys. I was like a little kid on christmas last night doing the VM, I was shocked. I only had to use the SSR2.5 on a few specific spots, the VM was incredible. I`ll be sure to post some pics of the final product. I have a lot of work to do before Sunday`s show!

fireberd350
08-11-2004, 01:52 PM
One other quick question. Do you really need to work it in at all? Or do I just want to cover the area I`m working on and move on using about 2 passes (one horiz. one vertical)??

awd330
08-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I use a finishing pad at speed 3 to apply EX and EX-P. Note: the grey color is a finishing texture in Lake Country pads, but the white color is a finishing texture in Edge pads. Don`t rely on a pad`s color to determine abrasiveness.

Neither EX nor EX-P need to be "worked". Just make sure you have full coverage by making 2-4 passes. Thin coats are better, and a little product goes a long way. I wait about 45 minutes before wiping off.

fireberd350
08-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I use all LC VC pads. I used to think all colors were universal, until I got in an arguement with a Meguiars pad user. There`s never any standards is there:rolleyes:

thanks for the help once again!