PDA

View Full Version : Bird dropping left over stain :( HOw to remove .. Tried ScratchX but to no avail ..

Pages : [1] 2

sheltem
04-13-2003, 06:46 AM
Hi I saw a bird **** stain on my car today ... SPOILER to be exact and I wipe off the bird **** stain .. it was quite big ... It left behind a WHITE patch ... I tried using SCRATCHX to remove it but to no avail ...

Previously this had happen to me b4 and I went back to the bodykit shop and they somehow removed it off for me but I am not too sure which product they used ...

Do you all think that 3M light rubbing compound can do the job? Or how about SMR ?

Kindly assist ... No pic now as too dark here ...

JimS
04-13-2003, 07:39 AM
I think I`d try Wax and Grease remover...normally used to prep the surface prior to painting. Available at most any auto supply in the body shop section. Poorboys has a bird @@@@ remover but I havn`t tried it yet.

sheltem
04-13-2003, 08:03 AM
Hmm... can dawn be used then ? Or will a tar and bug spray do ... never seem to see a wax remover here in Singapore

sheltem
04-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Oh yar by the way the actual residue is REMOVED but there is a stain left behind ... Just to clarify :D

sheltem
04-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey man ... thx ... will look thru the threads :D

If I can spot it immediately that is ... I will remove it lolz ..

Should have a BIRD **** alarm huh on our cars keke...

One that will ring when it falls on ...

Nope I did not see it ... perhaps my error ... it was a few hours b4 I saw it on my car ...

sheltem
04-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Hmm. that thread did not say anything about the stain removal ... only how to remove bird * when it is on the car ...

gnahc79
04-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Some people have had success with removing bug crap with a damp dryer sheet. Bird poo is organic (mostly) too, so I think the same principles apply. Leave a damp dryer sheet on the stain for a while (1 hr?)...peeps correct me if I`m wrong here :)

sheltem
04-14-2003, 10:49 PM
but the white stain that is left over is etching on the paint? Must I use a rubbing compound (3m light rubbing compound) followed by SMR?

sheltem
04-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Sorry quite urgent .... Can 3M light Rubbing Compound be used only without SMR after that? Will the scratches be too coarse?

sheltem
04-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Anyone?

imported_Intermezzo
04-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Yes, if you don`t remove big splotches of BS like that within a few hours or so, you`ll get an etch-mark that looks similar to the white stain you`re describing.

3M Fine Cut will be work fine. If you have a dark colored car or if you don`t use proper technique, then the 3M FCRC might leave visible hazing. You`ll have to follow it up with something like an SMR or paint cleanser to clean up the haze.

Before you start compounding away, be sure to remove all the BS acid with IPA. It`ll probably take 2 or 3 applications of the FCRC to completely remove the etching.

sheltem
04-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Thx man ... there may be slight hazing hmm ... looks like I would have to get both products ... I was hoping that I could use 3M FCRC + Meguiars ScratchX to do the job ...

imported_Intermezzo
04-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by tradertt

Thx man ... there may be slight hazing hmm ... looks like I would have to get both products ... I was hoping that I could use 3M FCRC + Meguiars ScratchX to do the job ...

Try it with the ScratchX first. I`m pretty sure it`ll do a fine job in cleaning up the haze. :up

Thomasfl
04-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I would try the poorboy`s bird *#@% remover, a great name for a product, I guess I am just looking for any excuse to use it.

sheltem
04-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys ... looks like I will go buy the 3M light rubbing compound to try it out on HAND and hope it works :D