PDA

View Full Version : Need some PC/Product help

imported_Jeremiah
04-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Hello all,

I am about to get a PC 7336 from Lowes and would like some advice. First off I guess I`m not fully understanding what all I will need to buy in addition to the PC. I plan on ordering the pads I will need from CMA (or here if they have what I will need).

My car has some pretty good swirling so I`m going to need to smooth that down a bit I think.

Here are the products I have:

3M Perfect It Swirl Mark Remover (part#39009)

Z1,Z2,Z5Z7,Z6(the qd)

2 foam applicator pads

Here is what I plan to buy:

Autopia Ultimate Detailing Towel (how many will I need?)

the new Zaino stuff

A new clay bar

PC 7336

maybe the CMA PC pad kit? (will that have all that I need for my car restoration?)

A few other questions; when I used the 3M SMR there was a lot of micro marring, will that need to be fixed or should the z5 do that?

What products should be applied with the PC? Just the 3M?

Sorry if this post is kind of unorganized (and maybe a bit confusing). I have searched the forums and found some info so can anyone help? :)

-Jeremiah

shaf
04-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Hi Jeremiah, welcome! :wavey

As far as the PC goes, all you need besides the machine is a pad kit from CMA that comes with a backing pad.

Whether SMR will take care of your swirl removal needs or not depends on how bad the swirling is and how deep they are. It`s something you`ll have to judge for yourself as you`re doing it. Try the SMR first of course, but be prepared to have a backup plan (DACP or something fine cut maybe). Don`t rely on Z5 to fix problems for you since it`s non-abrasive and some report mediocre swirl hiding.

Not a lot of people do this (AFAIK), but: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10708

Oh yeah, and buy all the towels you can stand to afford - you`ll need them! :D You might want to PM Pakshak about some other MF options, but keep in mind the Autopia towels are a lot bigger for the price too.

Hope that helps.

imported_Jeremiah
04-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome guy`s. I`m not really new to here I was on the old board but after a year of not visiting I lost touch, and forgot my name a pw. So is the micro marring going to be a problem from the SMR? And what would the PC be used to apply? Just the SMR?

-Jeremiah

MSOsr
04-12-2003, 06:27 PM
You may want to use something like GEPC or Platinum Ultimate Paint pre-cleaner after the SMR. Then use some Z6 to remove the oils before applying the Z.

imported_Jeremiah
04-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Michale, thanks I will try the GEPC.

shaf
04-13-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

And what would the PC be used to apply? Just the SMR? Click the thread link I supplied above. ;)