PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for you WalMart MFers!

Acura_RL
04-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I noticed today as I was taking the tags off these towels that the corners seemed kind of rough. Then I discovered that the manufacturer used some "seal" or bonding agent to help "weld" the seems at the corner of the towels. This no doubt will scratch the finish. :nono

So I got a scissor and clipped off a small tip of each corner until the roughness was gone. Oh well, another step in preventitive maintenance. ;)

johnson
04-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Or, dont get Walmart MF`s altogether.

Acura_RL
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Yeah I guess you`re right as well.

Mmmph
04-10-2003, 10:06 PM
No welded seams on mine.

Are you speaking of Concordia towels?

Nagchampa
04-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I don`t have that problem on mine.

Acura_RL
04-10-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah, concordia. I mean, it`s not something that can`t be solved. The towels work fine. I rubbed them against a CD several time and they were ok. I`m just being picky like any autopian would. :D

gnahc79
04-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Right now I have the Viper MFs from CMA and will probably get more from pakshak. The MF towels I first got from Pepboys have been delegated to the interior for buffing 303 or meg`s vinyl&rubber. I`m too dern lazy to test any towels, brushes, whatever.

Man, this thread title can ONLY belong in Autopia :D..."Walmart MFers", lol.

GP Infinity
04-11-2003, 04:29 AM
because of the title... Had to be a first.... not that the double entendre (sp?) wasnt lost on me or some others.. because that is how WalMart is in this town... Dallas

Dana:shocked

audio1der
04-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Sounds like my Turtle wax MF`s from Zellers might be safer out of the box...

Is it just me, or are MF`s terrible for absorbtion?

When Z6`ing my car this weekend, I had to use several just to finish, as they very quickly became damp.

Thoughts?

Acura_RL
04-11-2003, 09:14 AM
The towels got mixed reviews and I saw other threads on the forum discussing them. I myself have had no problem. I recently washed one and rubbed it against a CD, and no scratches as of yet.

I`ll be picking up Pakshaks perhaps in the near future. But for now, these will do fine.

BTW, for the interior, I`ve now use my terry cotton applicators and terry cotton towels (MFs are taking over for the exterior).

CharlesW
04-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Acura_RL

I`ll be picking up Pakshaks perhaps in the near future.

When you are ready for some PakShak MF`s, be sure to contact Ranney rather than just order from his web-site.

He did have a special price for Autopia members. You won`t regret getting them from him. First class MF, first class guy.

Charles:xyxthumbs

ashsarna
04-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Pakshak also has the new 25x35 waffle weave in stock!! I have not tried them yet, but plan on getting some soon.

atldave
04-11-2003, 10:18 AM
I tried some Wal Mart and Dollar Tree MF`s and wasn`t really happy with them so I broke down and bought 10 from Ranney at PakShak. Only $2 each for the 16x16`s , and they are softer and no scratchy edges.