PDA

View Full Version : when to aio or gepc

t wayne
04-10-2003, 03:31 PM
This is my very first post so please forgive me if I re-thread. I am extremely new at this and am not sure which product to use first, the klasse AIO or the GEPC. Thank you in advance.

johnson
04-10-2003, 03:54 PM
deleted

spotter
04-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I am probably wrong but I thought you would want to use GEPC before the AIO. I was planning to clay, SEC, AIO, SG, and then S100. Now I am confused.....again.

johnson
04-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Youre right, my mistake. *edited my post*

Shineman
04-10-2003, 04:11 PM
I would think GPEC followed by AIO. The AIO is a Polish and a sealant.

johnson
04-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Think of GEPC as a fine polish and AIO as a cleaner wax. You would always use a polish before a wax. Something like that.....

Accumulator
04-11-2003, 10:07 AM
t wayne- Welcome to Autopia. Yeah, you use the GEPC first, THEN the AIO. They both clean, but the AIO also leaves a (perhaps somewhat insignificant) layer of protection, which you should leave on your paint. So you want to apply it AFTER the GEPC, lest the GEPC clean it off. Also, the AIO PROBABLY (?) contains finer abrasives than the GEPC, though some would say that`s debatable.

imported_Tony
04-11-2003, 11:21 AM
I dont think these two products work together. They both clean the paint. Using one product and then following with the other would only remove the first product.

Use AIO to remove oxidation, clean and prep the paint. Especially when following up with SG or a polymer.

Use GEPC when following with a Glaze then a wax like S100.

good luck

CharlesW
04-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by rightlane

I dont think these two products work together. They both clean the paint. Using one product and then following with the other would only remove the first product.

Use AIO to remove oxidation, clean and prep the paint. Especially when following up with SG or a polymer.

Use GEPC when following with a Glaze then a wax like S100.

good luck

What you say makes sense, but.... there is a thread somewhere on here about the end result of using both being greater than just using one or the other. They were using SEC and AIO, but the results would be the same.

Charles :nixweiss

Edit: Found the thread, excerpt below.

Re: It will look even better

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by mrdetailer

if you use SEPC first then put AIO on top of it. Don`t know how to explain it, except that it makes the shine both deeper and clearer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<------ Trying to ignore posts like this.

Bretfraz and Geekysteve also mentioned this phenomenon....

imported_Tony
04-11-2003, 11:40 AM
mrdetailer certainly does good work.