PDA

View Full Version : Are There A Difference Between Dewalt & Makita?

02 LTZ
04-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey guys,

I am getting ready to order a rotary and need to know which one is the best...a Dewalt or a Makita.

I can purchase a Dewalt locally for $229. It has variable speed, a trigger, velcro backing pad, and a one year warranty. The salesman said he would come out and show me how to use it.

He said he would also throw in some extra pads and some other stuff too.

I can purchase a Makita on the internet for $199. It has variable speed, trigger, velcro backing pad, and a one year warranty.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to which one of these that I should buy?

CAPEFEAR
04-10-2003, 08:50 AM
For the extra $30 I would take the hands on tips from the sales guy. A wrong move with a pc = lots of $$$$$$$$$$$

Tim Lingor
04-10-2003, 08:50 AM
I would highly suggest the search function as this topic has been discussed at great lengths previously.

I will only say, that IMHO, it is a matter of personal taste. I own both of them, and use them both on a regular basis.

I have my preferences, but out of respect for my fellow Autopians, I will not open this can of worms again.

Truthfully, I think that you would be happy with either one!!!

MirellaBoo
04-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Dewalt has beefed up internal componets that the Makita likely does not have. Dewalts are designed for the professional user where Makitas are more for the weekend contrator.

Nagchampa
04-10-2003, 09:04 AM
You can get the DeWalt a little cheaper than that.

Click (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21415)

JimS
04-10-2003, 11:23 AM
I just bought the Makita. I choose it primarily because it was cheaper and there was a nice package deal for one on ebay with a buy it now of $185, shipping $14. If I had a guy selling me a Dewalt and he was going to come out and demnstrate it I would DEFINITELY go with the Dewalt, even if it is more money. I`m fortunate to have as my best friend a body shop owner who has tutored me and will be there with me the first few times I use my Makita. Were it not for him I wouldn`t buy a rotary at all. Take the teaching!!....and have a friend to talk to when you need help/advice.

Regards, JimS