PDA

View Full Version : Seen this Lambs wool mitt elsewhere?

imported_Aurora40
04-09-2003, 07:00 PM
I bought my first lambs wool mitt from Meguiar`s, and I noticed it had the manufacturers tag on it. That made me wonder if it is perhaps for sale elsewhere for less or for more. I`d be curious either way. The maker is SMArnold and the item # is 85-340. It was $12.95.

TurboCat
04-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Looks just like the one I got at Walgreen`s for $6.00, brand was Detailer`s Choice.

I have purchased them at Walgreen`s, Advance Auto, Harley Davidson etc and they are basically the same mitt. It is genuine sheepskin, leather mitt on the inside. I`ve paid anywhere from $5 -7 for them all.

I have been to a few specialty car detailing boutiques that sell sheepskin mitts (In Cleveland, Chicago and Philly) and they all look the same.

I am tempted to buy one from Griot`s (the one with the rubber glove inside) just to see if there`s any difference with the mitt. But I just can`t bring myself to spend the extra $ when I could spend it on something else, like another jar of S100!

imported_Aurora40
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by TurboCat

Looks just like the one I got at Walgreen`s for $6.00, brand was Detailer`s Choice.

Thanks, but actually I was curious to know if anyone had seen this exact brand. I would also guess that most any sponge, mitt, applicator, or MF would look like any other in a picture.

I did find this site: http://www.smarnold.com/ Their green pro body brushes look quite familiar... Actually, much of it does. Their hose nozzles look just like what CMA sells.

TurboCat
04-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Sorry! I my tags are gone but I`ll check at the store to see if there is a company name on them...maybe they are coming from the same distributor. If I am able to find out that info I`ll pass it along! :)

jerry@robs
04-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I use SMArnold stuff, chenille, lambswool, wool pad, terry applicators, etc... good stuff...

imported_Wes
04-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Yes.......SM Arnold branded mitts available in Orchard Supply Hardware...... I know for sure they have the SM Arnold brand 100% cotton chenille mitts cause I almost brought them all before I looked close enough to discover there are lots of cotton seeds embedded in it.

I forgot if I have seen the sheepskin mitts there before though.

Also the SMA cotton chenille looks exactly like the NAPA cotton mitts which also has severe cotton seeds problem.

FYI.....check your local OSH if there is one.

I doubt it would be any better than the Sheepskin mitts you can get in Walmart for about $5.

I do use their terry applicator for Zaino and it is pretty good.

jerry@robs
04-09-2003, 10:57 PM
I`ve checked the chenille mitts that I got, no seeds or any rough stuff... hmm..

shaf
04-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Looks just like the Autoshine brand ones I`ve seen up here at various places! :D

Maybe this is another case of one brand being sold under different names....