PDA

View Full Version : quick shine by the gallon

Pages : [1] 2

nate010753
04-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Anyone else order the quickshine by the gallon? I did and I got a big near empty container. It says on it to fill to line with tap water I guess it is cheaper to ship the concentrate. Just wondering if anyone has played with the amount of water they have added? say filled it up 3/4 of the way and got better results.

offcenter
04-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by dengsxr

Anyone else order the quickshine by the gallon? I did and I got a big near empty container. It says on it to fill to line with tap water I guess it is cheaper to ship the concentrate. Just wondering if anyone has played with the amount of water they have added? say filled it up 3/4 of the way and got better results.

I followed the directions and filled it up to the line marked on the bottle- Quikshine is such a great product, why mess with the mix ratio, I don`t think you can make it any better than it is:xyxthumbs

nate010753
04-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah it just came across my mind and I figured I`d post it and see if anyone else was thinking along those lines as well. thanks

imported_Aurora40
04-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dengsxr

Wow, that`s sort of surprising. I almost ordered it. I`d have been a bit surprised to see that. Maybe they should point that out on their product page. You might consider using distilled water just to make sure you aren`t adding any crud to it.

nate010753
04-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Funny I was going to use filtered water but I happen to have some distilled water lying around good call.

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

Wow, that`s sort of surprising. I almost ordered it. I`d have been a bit surprised to see that. Maybe they should point that out on their product page. You might consider using distilled water just to make sure you aren`t adding any crud to it.

Makes sense to me. Shipping about 1.5 pounds of liquid is cheaper than 8 pounds. I am sure when you add the water you aren`t doing anything different than Everett does when filling the 32 oz spray bottles.

I`ve used the ready to use 32 oz bottles and the concentrate version in the gallon jug you add water to. Absolutely no difference in performance.

TheOzzfather
04-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Scott I just gotta ask...Do you have an investment in Clearkote? Or do you get benefits of some sort by promoting it? Just curious you dont have answer if you do not want to. I am going to bed. Night.

johnson
04-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TheOzzfather

Scott I just gotta ask...Do you have an investment in Clearkote? Or do you get benefits of some sort by promoting it? Just curious you dont have answer if you do not want to. I am going to bed. Night.

:rolleyes: I believe everyone on the forum tries to help eachother out by trying out new products and passing along the reviews. If it works, then good. If it doesnt, then dont try it.

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TheOzzfather

The only benefit I get is if a lot of people use Clearkote products, they will stay in business and I can continue to get Quikshine, Vanilla Moose, Moose Wax and the tire protectant.

I`ve been sent some Clearkote products to test, like Vanilla Moose and Blue Moose (a new compound that works very well), but I`ve never asked Everett for anything in exchange for talking about his products.

I also talk a lot about S100, Meguiars Body Shop Pro line and Protect Alls Quick and Easy Wash. How come you didn`t ask if I am connected with those products?

Honestly, if a product works, I am going to spread the word.

kg/cm²
04-09-2003, 10:48 PM
so what`s the scoop on Blue Moose Scottwax?

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by kg/cm²

so what`s the scoop on Blue Moose Scottwax?

Well, the final version hasn`t been determined yet, but I have two versions, one is thick and the other is thinner. The thicker version seems a bit more abrasive and the thinner version works well by hand-both versions are pretty strong and will cut quickly with very minor surface hazing that Vanilla Moose easily removes. It also leaves a very wet shine like Vanilla Moose, and when you use Vanilla Moose on top of it, the shine is even deeper.

Neither version is scented and I mentioned to Everett that blueberry would be nice and he said he`d try to whip up a batch with a blueberry scent for me to try. :cool:

I don`t have any information on the release date or any pricing.

kg/cm²
04-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info ScottWax...I really appreciate it!...can`t wait to hear more about the Blue Moose...I also want to say thanks for introducing me to the Clearkote line-up...Vanilla Moose and Quikshine are products like no other!

shaf
04-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Wow, with these two abrasive products of different strength, Clearkote is gearing up to impinge on the domains of companies like Meguiar`s and 3M.

nate010753
04-10-2003, 07:31 AM
For those of you that have tried the tire shine... how does it stack up to the others out there on the market? ( what I really want to know is does it look as good and does it last?) I have just ordered the blackfire and plan on testing it this weekend. But I am always in the market for a new one.

Scott P
04-10-2003, 07:57 AM
There is a thread around regarding the tire treatment. I like it a lot. When buffed off after a fwe minuts, it gives the tires a very nice matte black finish. It has been reported to last anywhere from four to six weeks.

Also, Everett says you can use tap water when filling a gallon of Quik Shine. I bought distilled water when I thought about changing the anti-freeze in my car, so I used that. I really doubt tap water would have any effect.