PDA

View Full Version : Wax on carpets

ByndCln
04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
I am not talking about car wax. I am talking about wax as in melted crayons. I learned this trick from walking in during one of my wifes candle parties. To removed melted wax from carpeting, place a paper bag over the melted wax. Use a hot clothes iron and run it over the bag. The wax will heat up aand liquify again. It will then stick the the paper bag whach you than just pull away.

The reason i thought to bring this up, a co-worker wants her interior done. I saw the melted crayon and had a flashback of the candle party. I will repost the results afetr I do my co-workers car. I will be sure to include pictures.

2wheelsx2
04-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah, show some pics of the results. I`d be really interested in seeing how well that works with crayons.

luvthong
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
It`s seems to be a good idea, please post before & after pics.:p

chris0626
04-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I`ve done this lots of times when candles spilled onto my house carpet. The only refinement I would add: use paper towels, not brown bags, because paper towels are more absorbent. As each towel sucks up the wax, put down another towel and keep ironing. (Did you ever think this car-fixation would make you become one of the Merry Maids gang??!! :) )

ByndCln
04-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey Lynn, thanks for the tip about paper towels. I am not sure when my co-worker wants it done, haven`t quoted a price to her (interior is a DISASTER), but I will surely try this technique and take pics. I am sure that with paper towels I will use it on warm not full hot.

Another of my wifes parties that I can`t wait for her to have is another "Pampered Chef" party. They have those bottles that you pump and they become similar to aerosol. I figure this way she can feel that I am involving her with my detailing. (I detail for her sake, ;) )