PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 86 Civic

luvthong
04-09-2003, 05:36 PM
It`s a 86 white Honda Civic Si, the hood has some deep swirl marks, the paint seems to have oxidzed. I bought this winter beater last year and the spring is now in Norcal, so I want to take a day or so to try to restore some shine to it. I`ve a full set of Zaino and Clearkote, Clay Magic and Meg`s #2, what products should I use and how use I use them? I am new to detail so I hope someone can help.

I`m thinking:

1. Dawn wash

2. Clay bar

3. Wash with Z-7

4. Meg #2

5. VM

6. MX

7. Z-1

8. Z-2

Again, I don`t want to spend too much time(several days) to try to bring this beater to showroom shine, but I hope the above steps will bring back some shine and smooth to the paint.

Any comments? advince?:xyxthumbs

luvthong
04-09-2003, 07:09 PM
someone please help:bow :bow :bow :bounce :bounce

fisher
04-09-2003, 08:23 PM
first thing you can do is sell the car!!!!!!!just kiddin,I cannt tell you what stuff to use cause I dont know either.But hey if you think you have done the best job you can do, then I think you have a great job.It sounds like you are headed the right way ,I mean you know the produts you are going to use so I say go for it.If you think you could have done it better, then you know what to do for next timee ..Good luck :bigups :spot

shaf
04-09-2003, 11:11 PM
If you`re doing this by hand, you`re headed for the Richard Simmons` Ultra-Sweat Workout Session Part XIV ;) and don`t forget to work the products long enough. I`m not sure how friendly #2 is to hand use from its description, but I think some have okayed it...

I wouldn`t waste Z-7 on step 3 when something "normal" would do.

What`s "MX"? :confused: If it`s Moose Wax, I would stop right there or skip it if you`re going Zaino. After VM, I think you`re supposed to Dawn before using Zaino. You can do Moose Wax OR Zaino, but there`s no way you can do both.

jerry@robs
04-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Machine is in order here... doing it by hand will be crazy... doable, but crazy... especially if you don`t want to spend that much time with it.

I say... it`s the best time to play around with a rotary... rent one, get a wool pad and a polishing pad...