PDA

View Full Version : Question about claying rims and using a polymer like Zaino or FP on them and cleanin

TheOzzfather
04-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Ok the weather is finally semi warmer. It is 55 right now and I want to play with the car when I get home tonight. Not warm enough to do a full detail, but I want to clay my rims and apply some final polish to them, a polymer. The question that I have is wont a rim cleaner like EO A2Z (orange bottle) or Griots wheel cleaner just strip the polymer that I just applied to it the next time I clean the wheels????

Thanks guys. Ugh spring is here I cant wait to detail!!!:xyxthumbs

2wheelsx2
04-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes, wheel cleaners will strip whatever you put on there, so most people just use car soap. You`ll find that as long as you keep the cleaning up, you won`t need to use a wheel cleaner for a good long time.

TheOzzfather
04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Interesting. I suppose the brake dust will come off eaiser also eh? That is once you have polyd them.

schoi
04-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Yup, brake dust and various other crap comes off much easily on a poly`d wheel. I also just use car soap. When cleaning tires w/ Simple Green, I try my hardest to get little / no overspray on the lip of the rim because that`ll surely screw over any protection I have.

That`s why I use Trojan.