PDA

View Full Version : Big Brown Truck brought me something yesterday...

Pages : [1] 2

F1Crazy
04-09-2003, 12:43 PM
...and man, I`m happy to see it and anxious to try:

detailbarn
04-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Be careful that stuff is very addictive.:D

F1Crazy
04-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Initial impressions are that Z10 smells like leather to me and that ZFX vial is really tiny!

My spring detail is going to start with interior this weekend followed by full blown exterior job in the next one.

This is my first time with Z and my expectations are very high.

I`ll try to post some pics after I`m done.

imported_dl9589
04-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Big Brown Truck was supposed to bring me something by today. But for whatever reason shipped it to Little Rock, Arkansas...instead of Indiana?:nixweiss

detailbarn
04-09-2003, 01:07 PM
F1crazy you`ll love the look just follow the instructions. As you already know apply thin coats and make sure you spritz the surface with Z-6 between each coat , I`ve found that the Viking "door handle" applicator works the best to apply thin even coats. Auto Zone has been the only place I`ve been able to find them. If you can`t find any PM me your address and I`ll send you one. I`ve got a bunch , last time I went to Auto Zone I wiped out their supply.

F1Crazy
04-09-2003, 01:26 PM
detailbarn, thanks for advise. I think I know enough about Z to be able to handle it successfully but it`s good to know where to go if I have any questions ;) .

I have to mention that it was Detailking and pics of his car that made me wanna try Zaino. I have the same car and I really liked the results he got.

detailbarn
04-09-2003, 02:13 PM
sorry F1 didn`t mean to sound so like a sermen , I just love Zaino so much it just takes me over. :o

F1Crazy
04-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by detailbarn

sorry F1 didn`t mean to sound so like a sermen , I just love Zaino so much it just takes me over. :o

Listen, I really appreciate your help and fully understand your devotion, I`m the same way about my detailing arsenal :D .

I have the applicator that you`re talking about, I see they have blue ones out now. I think DavidB sells them in one of his detailing kits. I`ve used it with Klasse SG and it worked good but I`m going to try my microfiber applicators with Zaino.

My plan is to use 3 coats of Z5 initially and I hope that 1oz. mixed with ZFX is going to be enough on 3 series bimmer or will I need more? :nixweiss . 3 coats of Z2 will follow the next day.

detailbarn
04-09-2003, 03:26 PM
:D thanks for being understanding

I have yet to try MF apps with Z , I`ll have try that soon , let me know how it works. 1 oz should be plenty for your 3 I just did a M3 last week and 1 oz gave me three coats and little left over.

tkr128
04-09-2003, 09:09 PM
I find that Zaino works best when applied with the applicators that Zaino sells, or any cotton apps. Foam works okay, but I don`t like it that much.

Lemonxxs
04-09-2003, 11:11 PM
UPS = SANTA CLAUS!!!!!

imported_Wes
04-10-2003, 12:15 AM
My only advice is to keep the applicator wet all the time..........otherwise it is hard to spread them real thin.

Enjoy.

JPS911
04-10-2003, 01:36 PM
F1...

Just my two cents, not that you asked for it...

My best advice, after 19 coats of the Z is to put it aside for right now. Start with something like 3M Swirl Mark Remover or any of the others that are meant to REMOVE marks as opposed to simply fill them in. Don`t use IHG or anything like that.

Look at http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19414

Basically, all Zaino does is magnify (though it does that REALLY well). So, the better you can get your paint, the better Zaino will work. I did Z straight off at first, got 11 coats, then stripped down, started over with Scratch X and 3M SMR for dark cars, then started back over as described. Big difference in my opinion.

About every 3-5 coats now I do one of Z5, just to sort of fill in any surface stuff that might have gotten in there...seems to keep the shine popping.

Good luck

C. Charles Hahn
04-10-2003, 03:10 PM
looks just like my starter kit except I also ordered Z12, glass polish (which BTW I highly reccommend if/when you get the chance.) :up good luck, and remember to SMR before you start!

Zealot
04-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JPS911

F1...

Just my two cents, not that you asked for it...

My best advice, after 19 coats of the Z is to put it aside for right now. Start with something like 3M Swirl Mark Remover or any of the others that are meant to REMOVE marks as opposed to simply fill them in. Don`t use IHG or anything like that.

Look at http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19414

Basically, all Zaino does is magnify (though it does that REALLY well). So, the better you can get your paint, the better Zaino will work. I did Z straight off at first, got 11 coats, then stripped down, started over with Scratch X and 3M SMR for dark cars, then started back over as described. Big difference in my opinion.

About every 3-5 coats now I do one of Z5, just to sort of fill in any surface stuff that might have gotten in there...seems to keep the shine popping.

Good luck

I couldn`t agree more. Get the paint/clearcoat as close to perfect as you can, then Dawn wash, then start with the Z. It`s worth it:up