PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions w/ PC & water spots

cleancarguy
04-08-2003, 10:01 PM
I read a million posts this winter and recently purchased a P/C this winter. I`ve read to always start the machine against the car, set it at 4 to 5 and go from left to right. After I start from the left and go right can i go back left or run the buffer off the car`s edge going right? Also, the windows have a bad case of water marks and the silver molding looks foggy. David G, scott or anyone else... Help I have Mother`s 1, 2 and 3. Is this OK or should I get Zaino, S100 or P21S? I plan on using these tips to work on my wife`s X5 4.4 Yeah I`m excited!

Preachers Sheets
04-08-2003, 10:15 PM
You don`t have to worry about buffing off of the panel, it`s a random orbit not a rotary so it`s really easy and error proof.

Use a quality glass polish on your windows and you`ll remove the spots.

Depends on how often you decide to detail, the Mothers product line is fine but if you want to detail less often I would go for a polymer product like Zaino.

Preachers Sheets
04-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Here is a nice glass polish that will cut through anything

http://www.properautocare.com/autglaspol.html

cleancarguy
04-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the response. I will try the glass cleaner but I think it could be acid rain. I hope not. Any idea on the chrome molding that`s a bit cloudy?

proshine2009
04-09-2003, 03:42 AM
i have mother 3 phaze step, it easy to use and does a good job. i liked it before i saw this site now i use zaino, EX, s100 and souveren.

you can use mothers and then top that with s100/ps21.

on chrome i recommend eagle one never dull and then use zaino on it to make things easier to clean later.

good luck