PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Shine . . . . just maybe???

Green Monster
04-08-2003, 09:59 AM
All though I am still waiting for DavidB`s new book "The Perfect Shine" I thought I might pactice alittle.

View the pictures in my gallery. :bounce

Green Monster`s Gallery (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=1726&cat=500&thumb=1)

Dawn washed

Clayed

3M Fineese-It 2

Wiped down with 50/50 Alcohol/Water

2 X AIO

3 X SG (24+ hours in between coats)

2 x P21S(week bewtween coats)

At the end results I believe I have come close to the Perfect Shine.

Well at least I like the combination of Klasse and P21S!!! :xyxthumbs

What do you all think?? :nixweiss

Preachers Sheets
04-08-2003, 10:17 AM
What year is that truck and what machine do you use to polish?

That trucks look great, better than the show cars :o I see around here.

gnahc79
04-08-2003, 10:42 AM
a very pretty monster indeed :D. dang, when you wrote Perfect Shine all I can think of the the perfect cheer (SNL).

Green Monster
04-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys, it was alot of work but well worth it.

The truck is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, Amazon Green.

I used a PC for all the work except when appling P21S.

RegalGS
04-08-2003, 11:57 AM
That looks awesome! I love green cars. Just out of curiosity, did you have swirls, and how bad were they? I`ve got to do my husband`s truck this weekend, and I want it to look just like that (except it`s blue). We bought his used, and it`s got buffer swirls all over it.

Firescooby
04-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Looks great.

What did you do in the engine bay?

Green Monster
04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RegalGS

That looks awesome! I love green cars. Just out of curiosity, did you have swirls, and how bad were they? I`ve got to do my husband`s truck this weekend, and I want it to look just like that (except it`s blue). We bought his used, and it`s got buffer swirls all over it.

No swirls on my truck, I have own it since new.

I did have some marks from the lovely winter we had hear in CT that had to be polished out. No biggie though.

If you want something easier to work with than 3M Finesse-It 2 use Meguiar`s DACP, plus I think it has alittle more bite to it.

If you do use the DACP and want to go the Klasse route make sure you wipe the truck down with 50/50 Alochol/Water to remove any oils may be let behind from the DACP.

Good luck and would love to see some pics, blue was my 2nd choice in the Rangers.

Green Monster
04-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SCOOBY14B

Looks great.

What did you do in the engine bay?

Clean it with Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner Plus and let dry then coated it with Meguiar`s Engine Kote. Use #20 on all the metal and paint parts.

Preachers Sheets
04-08-2003, 03:16 PM
You have been dealing with your paint since it was new, isn`t that nice.

I have adopted my cars paint (used car). I think I got a beat up street rat.