PDA

View Full Version : Any way to fix this without a new paint job?

Pages : [1] 2

johnson
04-07-2003, 07:16 PM
:confused:

TurboCat
04-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Nothing that a Smith & Wesson wouldn`t fix...:rolleyes: Oh geez where are my manners?! Sorry, not into violence but WOW! I hope that isn`t your car! :eek:

Redcar GUY
04-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Looks like somone was with somones wife/girlfriend and they were not suppose to be!

fisher
04-07-2003, 07:58 PM
at least he never got your head lights!!!!but sorry to see that happen.Punks like that need to have a chat with my boots called "CAT"!!!!!

Degislek
04-07-2003, 08:27 PM
WOW that sucks!!!!!! I’m assuming that is not your car being that you have a hondalife link in your sig. The culprit is obviously borderline retarded. Instead of spraying “son of a @#$%^†he sprayed “son a of !@#$@â€.

Detailing NY
04-07-2003, 08:36 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really, really, really hope that is not your car!!!!!!

that sucks big time. I have detailed paint off cars before but I dont know about spray paint, the ones i detailied have been paint transfer from other cars. You may want to try some strong products on that.

I dont mean to crack a joke, but i once say a INF-commericial for a wax that would not allow paint to stick on cars. If its true I bet the owner wishes he had it on right now.

jimmybuffit
04-07-2003, 09:39 PM
The sooner the better! Clay will work wonders... ValuGard` New Car Prep should get the rest. Finish with a few passes of a rotary buffer. $400.00,. I`ve got time/space on Monday.

Jim

johnson
04-07-2003, 10:06 PM
jimamary, how do you like your Fein 9-11-20? Are the attachments good enough for car detailing? Im seriously considering getting one soon because the Vac `N Blo isnt a wet vac. PM me with any info you can.

Preachers Sheets
04-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I had a can of spray paint burst and end up all over my car. I washed my car in mineral spirits and the spray paint came off like it was just dirt on a freshly waxed car. From there, spray your car with alot of water, polish and reseal and hide your car!!! The people who did it will be so mad that it came out that I am sure the damage will be worse the second time around.

johnson
04-07-2003, 10:19 PM
What is mineral spirits?

Scottwax
04-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Actually, probably all that paint could be buffed off-especially since the paint already on the car was not prepped for new paint.

teuhl
04-07-2003, 11:02 PM
I once recommended someone with a vandalized car to just spray 3m tar & adhesive remover (sooner the better of course) and the person told me everything came out clean...

Michaelwdes
04-08-2003, 04:08 AM
wd-40? it takes off a ton of stuff, or check home depot and look for some paint removal stuff

Neil Chadwick
04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Mineral Spirits do not contain acetones....They will not harm paint surfaces...You can buy it at any hardware paint store under the name Varasol....It is great for removing wax before claying and as a tar/bug remover..It is also great for getting the dreaded "Dead Wax Residue"....

Preachers Sheets
04-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Neil Chadwick

Mineral Spirits do not contain acetones....They will not harm paint surfaces...You can buy it at any hardware paint store under the name Varasol....It is great for removing wax before claying and as a tar/bug remover..It is also great for getting the dreaded "Dead Wax Residue"....

It`s about time someone agree`s with me. Once someone hears about paint thiner they cringe and say "I`ll never use that, thats the wrong thing to use". When people hear about an abrasive polish they dont use it because they want their clear coat to last but they learn and see there is more to it than the products name.

Mineral spirits is safe for paint, I rather use a liquid to remove the spray paint that a polisher; that would probaly induce more swirls and WD-40 is too expensive.

I`m not taking a hit at you guys but the Mineral Spirits isn`t harmful.