PDA

View Full Version : funny how it works...

Pages : [1] 2

breakneckvtec
04-07-2003, 05:21 PM
I finally got my car detailed and have been meaning to take pics except theres a problem. Since I did it this has been the weather:

1 day partly cloudy

2 days rain

1 cloudy cold day

3 days of annoying mist

1 day rain

1 cloudy cold misty day

2 days of a rain, snow, ice rain mix...

So basically my Klasse SG has gone through hell and back in the time its been on my car. Amazingly, when it dries out for bits here and there, the car still looks detailed. Amazing stuff, I cant wait to throw on about 5 more coats and top it with my S100/P21S.

imported_Luster
04-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by breakneckvtec

1 day partly cloudy

2 days rain

1 cloudy cold day

3 days of annoying mist

1 day rain

1 cloudy cold misty day

2 days of a rain, snow, ice rain mix...

Please tell me where you live so, if I get a job offer there, I can say no!:D :cool: j/k j/k j/k..........

If you look at the national weather map for the last two weeks......it`s been ugly all over!

Good luck........

breakneckvtec
04-07-2003, 06:25 PM
I live in the armpit of NJ.:down

Kyle K.
04-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Yeah... I was thinking "this sounds a whole hell of a lot like the weather around here lately". Where in NJ are you? I`m in Princeton. The best part is during 2 of the 3 days of annoying mist I had to be outside for hours on end, and I ended up getting sick. I want to move back to CA. :(

breakneckvtec
04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
I drive a Honda Civic Si, the 4th most stolen car, I reveal my exact location to nobody I dont know. Sorry :p

NJ does suck though, I wish I was anywhere but here.

Scott P
04-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by breakneckvtec

I live in the armpit of NJ.:down

I thought all of NJ was an armpit. :D

j/k of course...

We had a 70 degree day a week and a half ago, and it has yet to hit 40 since. Sunday is predicted for 50 degrees. I`m keeping my fingers crossed.

imported_Edwa
04-08-2003, 10:00 PM
I never wash my car on Friday - it would rain all weekend. This last weekend I started detailing my car. Clayed, polished, and waxed part of it. On Monday we got 6" of snow!

detailbarn
04-08-2003, 10:02 PM
breakneckvtec , you said NJ didn`t you mean hell on earth , where are you in Jersey? I`m in Atco.

imported_Smoker
04-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Here in the land of freaky weather we had 4" of snow yesterday morning, but by yesterday evening i had both trucks cleaned and back up to standard in time to watch the sun set on the front porch with a beer or two.

While wearing shorts ......

Bizarre.

captkirk2
04-09-2003, 12:02 PM
I will be very close to you soon, I am moving to Berlin. Right now I am in Cherry Hill. Small world..........

detailbarn
04-09-2003, 12:46 PM
very small world , where at in Berlin? I`m right of the White Horse Pike down by Wholesale Outlet. Maybe we can meet up someday.

breakneckvtec
04-17-2003, 12:16 PM
I hate to bring this back from the dead, it seems like there are alot of guys from NJ here. Maybe enough to do an autopia detail meet or something and take pics and hang out somewhere. Just a thought.

detailbarn
04-17-2003, 12:54 PM
breakneckvtec , I agree we absolutely should have an autopia event here in jersey. I was thinking of sponsoring one later this year , I have to get a few things in order before I do anything with it , but I will give it some serious consideration in the near future. I would have it at my house/shop. I have alot of ideas for such an event and will need help cordinating it when I deceide to do it. Where are you in jersey?

breakneckvtec
04-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Sorry man, when I get to know you I will let you know where in NJ I am. Like I said above, I drive the 4th most stolen car in the world. I am very careful about who I reveal my location to. The best I can do is I live in central NJ and go to school toward southern NJ.

I would love to get a meet though, and would help you coordinate it if you need.

detailbarn
04-17-2003, 04:35 PM
wow , thats alittle presumptuous. I understand your fear but it`s not a great idea to assume everyone is out to steal your car. I mean talk about a lack of trust , my personal and business information is all over this board , I would understand if I was a newbie. Personally I`d woudn`t waste the time on a Honda I`d go for the Porsche , that and I know where three si`s are locally;) :D j/k Seriously though I don`t want to sound stand offish , your comment just really caught me off guard. Hope to get to know you better and maybe gain just a bit of trust. :D