PDA

View Full Version : Where have I been!

imported_Intel486
04-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Where have I been? I`ve had some of Poorboy`s Polish sitting around but never got around to using it with an orbital buffer until today! What a fool I have been!

I purchased some of Poorboy`s Polish w/ Carnauba awhile ago but never got around to really doing much with it. I did a couple vehicles with it by hand in full sun to test poorboy`s claim of being able to use it in the sun and it buffs off so easily even on extremely hot paint. Just had to wipe a towel across the surface and 95% of the residue came off. I used it on my truck door once by hand to remove swirls after using my rotary with a compound and it took them out easily.

Today though I had a Ford Escourt to do. Just wanted the paint done and I saw I had an extra clean pad for my DeWalt Orbital. I had never used the Poorboy`s products with a machine before so I decided to give it a try today.

I used my DeWalt Orbital (like the PC) at full speed and kept doing the H pattern on the paint until there wasn`t much residue left. I then moved on to the next section. I did the whole hood, roof, and trunk before buffing it off for the first time. I grabbed a YoSteve microfiber towel and WOW! this stuff comes off really easily. This stuff might even buff off easier that Cherry Wet Wax. It definately buffs off easier than Pro`s Miracle Wax, and all the A dam`s Products. I could place my towel at the top of the hood and just run it down to the front and it all came off.

There were a few places where I had pulled the buffer from the paint and it left a thicker residue there. Those spots even after being fully dry came off really easily.

The paint looked so much better. This car has never seen wax and the light amout of Oxidation on the paint had been removed. Almost all the swirls were gone! The owner was really impressed with the finish. They only wanted a wax job on the vehicle too

The only way I could have gotten a better finish on this vehicle would have been to pull out the Rotary with Pro`s Creamy Cutter (it is a compound). A lot of the light key scratches around the door handles it was able to get off or reduce in visibility. The water spots around the windshield washer nozzles were really easy to get off with this product.

I give this product an A+ in my book!

http://poorboysworld.com/

imported_NHBFAN
04-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey, Intel

Does it feel like P21S/S100?

Would you recommend it without a machine? (e.g. by hand)

thevolvoguy
04-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Sounds good, the Poorboy`s line is on my list to try this summer.

I look forward to getting mine, especially after that review. :bigups

imported_Intel486
04-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Hey, Intel

Does it feel like P21S/S100?

Would you recommend it without a machine? (e.g. by hand)

I don`t think the finish is as slick as P21S. It does go on easily and come off easily. Probably easier that P21S as you can let it sit on the surface awhile before having to buff it off and it still comes off as easily.

I`d say it would work extremely well by hand. I`ve used it by hand before to remove light swirls before and it works well. You just have to make sure you don`t apply too much and work it down until it is dry.

Can even use this stuff in the full sun. Just mist it with some quick detailer as you work to keep it from drying too fast. It still works the same and buffs off extremely easily.