PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hose nozzle type

Pages : [1] 2

Dragon99
04-05-2003, 10:26 PM
What kind of nozzle do people prefer? Brands aside just looking for general type.

Nagchampa
04-05-2003, 10:31 PM
I like something with the eight different spray patterns even though I only seem to use one of those settings.:nixweiss

dr427
04-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Hard not to specify brands, but my personal favorite is The Ultimate Hose Nozzle by Bon-Aire. I think there are several others similar (Griots and Nelson, both make ones like it).

An Ultimate Hose Nozzle link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20542&item=2315927970&rd=1)

It`s big and bulky and will last forever I think. But the basic build is one that adjusts from a straight stream to a fan. It also has a large opening where more volume of water can get flow. I can get mud off if needed and twist to give a gentle shower as well.

I would look for something that has a rubber tip to avoid scratching the finish and can give mutliple patterns of spray. I personally never had good luck with the cheap ones lasting more than 1 season. I look at a good nozzle as I do my PC. A must have!

There are a few threads on here you can check out:

Nozzle Thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20629&highlight=ultimate+nozzle)

Nozzle Thread 2 (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8503&highlight=ultimate+nozzle)

Nozzle Thread 3 (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6699&highlight=ultimate+nozzle)

:xyxthumbs

adjulian
04-05-2003, 11:13 PM
just a plastic connector that fits on the end of the hose that simply allows you to turn the water on and off. For a wide spray I just open the valve halfway. Most of the time though I just use the connector wide open so that you have a constant flow of water that can sheet off of your car which helps in minimizing drying.

Just my .02

TortoiseAWD
04-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by adjulian

just a plastic connector that fits on the end of the hose that simply allows you to turn the water on and off. For a wide spray I just open the valve halfway. Most of the time though I just use the connector wide open so that you have a constant flow of water that can sheet off of your car which helps in minimizing drying.

Just my .02 Ditto that. A simple shutoff valve is less than $5 from just about any hardware store. I always use full stream to rinse, so it works well for me . . .

Tort

spotter
04-07-2003, 07:51 AM
The Ultimate nozzle by Bon Aire is definitely in my top 3 or 4 things I have found at Autopia. It is right up there with S100, clay, and microfiber towels.

Scott P
04-07-2003, 07:59 AM
I use a wonderful nozzle I bought from Napa. It is rubber and flows when you bend it. It flows just like the open end of a hose. If you want a pressurized flow, just put your finger over the end.

mercedesfanatic
04-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Scott P

I use a wonderful nozzle I bought from Napa. It is rubber and flows when you bend it. It flows just like the open end of a hose. If you want a pressurized flow, just put your finger over the end.

I wish I had one of those:rolleyes:

Accumulator
04-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Actually, I use a number of different nozzles, depending on what I`m doing.

Whatever I use, I keep a shutoff valve on the hose and use brass quick-disconnects to connect everything.

Similar to TortoiseAWD and adjulian, I just used a plastic (female) quick-disconnect for a nozzle until receiving my Griot`s nozzles as a gift. I still use the plastic quick-d for wheelwells and tight spots under the car.

mercedesfanatic- well, you oughta get one. They`re pretty inexpensive. I use the rubber bend-to-flow for rinsing under the hood and for when I`m only washing the wheels.

TurboCat
04-20-2003, 12:15 PM
I just got the Bon Aire Ultimate hose nozzle. Thanks to someone on Autopia who told me that Home Depot has them! I went out there Friday and sure enough it was there, $19.97. Worth every darn penny.

Yeah I`d rank it up there with P21S and MF towels. An awesome find.

TortoiseAWD
04-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Just a correction; I don`t use a quick disconnect, I`m using an inline shutoff valve. Plain old male/female hose threads on either side, with a ball valve in the middle, $3.95 from Wal-Mart, IIRC.

Tort

AkronSi
04-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Scott P

I`ve been looking for one of these. Now I know where to get one. Thanks. :D

imported_Custom Detail
04-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Lots of good ideas on these nozzels. I guess it`s your preference.........But it should be a quality item.

Thanks for the info guys.

romar
04-21-2003, 04:14 PM
I love the Ultimate Nozzle from BonAire. It doubled my water pressure, is infinitely adjustable, rugged and can be easily cleaned if clogged. Being somewhat clumsy means I`m less likely to cause any real damage if I drop it on a car`s finish because of the rubberized material it`s made of. Worth the investment. :D

DaGonz
04-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TurboCat

I just got the Bon Aire Ultimate hose nozzle. Thanks to someone on Autopia who told me that Home Depot has them! I went out there Friday and sure enough it was there, $19.97. Worth every darn penny.

Yeah I`d rank it up there with P21S and MF towels. An awesome find.

I just bought one this evening... I went out and tried it... and I can describe it in one word.....

NICE! :xyxthumbs