PDA

View Full Version : best absorbent towels

The Truth
04-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Could anyone tell me the best absorbent towels?

Any help would be great!

TortoiseAWD
04-05-2003, 11:27 AM
In my experience, nothing absorbs better than waffle-weave microfiber towels. Do a search on "waffle", and another on "big blue"; you`ll turn up a lot of threads that talk about some forum favorites.

Welcome aboard!

Tort

GP Infinity
04-05-2003, 12:03 PM
with the waffle weave microfiber towel.. threw out my chamois a long time ago.. havent seen noticeable differences between the different ones sold via folks and vendors on this board..

The one thing to consider is the size of the towel, dont get them to big or they tend to drag or hit the ground a little too often.. the one little thing I did like on a Griots Garage towel I bought, was the pockets sewn in on each end creating a place to put your hand while drying.. this is a personal preference item.. I also have some from JTinternational w/o the pockets and like them too..

Dana

Nick T.
04-05-2003, 12:57 PM
The Big & Little Blues from CMA (http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/micprod1.html) are as good as they get. PremiumAutoCare (http://www.premiumautocare.com/mictow.html) has the identical towels. Other waffle weaves (such as the purple towel from a vendor that cannot be mentioned on this board (geek) are not quite as absorbent, but any waffle weave is better than using a chamois or terry towel.

Blot, don`t wipe!

<CENTER>:usa</CENTER>

Accumulator
04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Nick T. and dboat- Try out the waffle-weaves from MicrofiberTech! They seem noticably softer than my BBT`s. Especially MfT`s gray ones. I was really surprised at the difference.

citra- Welcome to Autopia. If you want 100% cotton for some reason (instead of the WWMF`s), I`d recommend Charismas by Fieldcrest. I`ve also heard good things about Polo by Ralph Lauren (maybe you`re not just paying for the name after all).

Nick T.
04-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Accumulator!