PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy in the flesh.

NattyBumppo
04-05-2003, 09:31 AM
WOW! It`s not every day when you get to see an artist perform up close and in person. All I can say it I am impressed. Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting live and in person, Steve aka Poorboy. I was doing a 1996 Black Impala SS and Steve made an hour drive to my shop just to meet me and say hello. I`m not going to go into products at this time, I`ll save that for another thread. But I did want to say that a rotary in his hands is like a paintbrush to DaVinci. Smooth, ZERO splatter and no buffer marks anywhere. Damn, I wish I were that good!

I had a GREAT time meeting and talking with Steve. I`ve gotten to know him over the phone and email. Finally meeting him in person was great. He`s a class act and a helluva nice guy. I especially like that he jumped right in and did quite a bit of work:D! Really though, Thanks Steve, I appreciate your help and advice, the fact that you made the hour drive and most of all, making a new friend.

Natty

imported_memnuts
04-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Steve,

I am only a 10 hour drive away ;).

Natty sounds like you and Steve had some real Autopian style bonding time. :xyxthumbs

Poorboy
04-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks Natty,

I had a great time too...you are definitely Obsessed:D

OK me too:rolleyes:

It was great finally meeting you and getting to play with your machines and assortment of pads.

You should have seen Natty`s face when I started turning up the speed on the rotary..:eek: if he knew I was up around 3-4K rpms on that back bumper I think he would have:scared

The car came out great and meeting Dad and uncle Mike was also a treat...

This was dad..;) can you look at this on my Black Mercedes:D

Really I had lots of fun...and also learned a bit myself:wavey

"E" just hop on the highway and you`ll be here soon...:LOLOL

Poorboy
04-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Ed..I hope this spring we can also get together too and have some fun..I had a great time meeting you last fall, but it was too cold.:wavey

TheOzzfather
04-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Dangit how come no one lives in the midwest!!!