PDA

View Full Version : Kozak Auto Cloths-Maunfactured Since 1926

mpawelek
04-05-2003, 07:28 AM
No one has ever mentioned this product on the board since I`ve been here so I thought I would chime in. Those of us that rebuild antique vehicles have used these as long as I can remember as these were around many, many years before the California Duster and are actually used to dry wash vehicles without making scratches. check out the link and go to the bottom of the page for the FAQ page link. Enjoy!...Michael P.

http://www.kozak.com/history.htm

TurboCat
04-05-2003, 07:39 AM
Interesting web site! And the prices are reasonable too!

ryeh2o
04-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Hey Michael, that is an interesting cloth. They have a dealer just north of me. How well in your experience do they work and last?

I was thinking of getting a California Duster, as i live in a condo with an underground garage, that generates tons of dust.

If you could indulge me with a little more of your personal experiences with the cloth, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, size to purchase, and would more than one be recommended?

Thanks

mpawelek
04-05-2003, 08:51 AM
I have multiple antique garage queens that collect dust in a short time and a light quick swipe with the Kozak works very well. I`ve never had the guts to actually "Dry Wash" a car with them but for a quick clean up of dust they work fine. I also do not think they would work well for the "wet" detailing products as they are intended for dry surfaces. Try a small one out and see for yourself, the fellows on the antique car circuit have used them for ages. I`m curious to see some feedback from this group as time passes....Michael P.

Kleanride
04-05-2003, 09:06 AM
I have used the ol` Kozak many times before too. Good product, not really my cup of tea, but it does do a good job. I prefer qd and a mf, but I know plenty of people who prefer the kozak over anything. Not to mention they are cheap as all-get-out!

Accumulator
04-05-2003, 01:10 PM
You guys who can use a Kozak without scratching have my sincere admiration (and my envy). Yep, some people swear by them; I tend to swear AT them.

I`ve tried it (more than once, VERY lightly, tried refolding after each swipe, etc. etc., you name it) back in the `80`s and every time it REALLY scratched up the surface. And I`m not talking about minor swirls! Not from the cloth itself, but from whatever I was cleaning off (so it might be OK for nonabrasive dust). I`m guessing the short nap of the cloth didn`t leave anywhere for the dirt to migrate to. Also, watch out for smearing from whatever it`s impregnated with (and plan on washing your hands).

Those who would like to try one might oughta practice on something like a lawnmower first. I`ve seen them at vacuum cleaner stores as well as auto-stuff places and their website.

Patrick
04-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Ive used them for over 15 yrs. I even give one to every client after a ful detail, course it the dash version. My grandfather turned me on to them when he used them on his 65 Malibu. I find they do a better job than the CCD, and dont leave any smearing behind, plus there a snap to store in the trunk, under the seat etc....They smell great, make the car smell great, havent had any negative results like scratching. Use just like a QD process, but 1/2 the pressure, and no liquid obviously, just a simple swipe up and down and wallah....Its one of those products, you either love, or simply hate ! (Like Accumulator said). You can get about 30-40 washes per cloth (large), shake out when you think theres ample dirt bonding to it. Dont wash however.

imported_Larry A
04-06-2003, 08:37 PM
If its dust then it works fine I have used them for years When they get dirty you can use them to wipe off your engine door jams and hinges

Accumulator
11-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Heh heh, I seem to be the only guy who can`t use those things without seriously damaging my paint. Granted, I only tried it on ss lacquer, but MAN did it mess it up. Or rather, I suppose, the dust I was removing with the Kozak messed it up. Single greatest damage infliction I`ve done in the 18 years I`ve owned that car. And I was being as careful as I possibly could, barely whisking the surface, cleaning off some VERY light dust from being parked in the garage :nixweiss

Now using them to wipe down the engine and undercarriage, THAT I can see myself doing...but no more use on paint/chrome/plastic for THIS guy.

Bill D
11-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Hmmm..I used them for light dust on my new brillant black Audi and they do remove the dust better. Not an inkling of a mark from them either :nixweiss( but I do religiously wring out the cloth--hearing a loud crack while doing so, as recommended by the instructions and I do have to trim loose threads as a result of this process)

I use the CCD for speed and convenience but will break out the Kozak for more stubborn, or pollen-type dust

tcfool
11-17-2003, 05:14 PM
I use the ol` Kozak many times. Good product, not a swirl to be found.. I follow the directions with light dragging at first and then a bit more pressure if it is really dusty...I also wring out the cloth--hearing the loud crack while doing so, also recommended by the instructions. I too prefer QD and a MF but I really like to dust well before using them..

TC