PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Wax After Touch Up Paint

MBZ 500E
04-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Well I`m just finishing up with touching up a bunch of small nicks and chips on my cars paint and I`m left with this question.

Can I go ahead and apply some SEPC and S100 to the dried touch up paint or should I wait 60 days? I read Davd B`s tips on touch up paint and it sounded like it was ok to apply polish and wax but how soon? The chips are very small (larges is 1/8") and have been allowed to dry for 24 hours.

Thanks for the help.

F1Crazy
04-04-2003, 08:43 PM
You don`t have to wait more than a few hours as touch up paint is a little different from paint used in a factory or paint shop, just make sure it is completely dry.

I always wetsand blobs created by touch up but wait maybe a day after painting and then polish and wax fixed area.

MBZ 500E
04-04-2003, 08:52 PM
F1

Thanks for the reply.:xyxthumbs

I just recieved my bottle of Langka :cool: which I`m going to use to remove the slight blob. After that I will follow up with clear coat (part of the MB touch up package) and finish with polish and wax.

Thanks again, going to be a great weekend!

F1Crazy
04-04-2003, 09:54 PM
BMW sells their kits with a clearcoat as well but I never had much luck with putting clearcoat on a touch up.

If you`re going to use Langka put a clear coat before as it will create similar blob that you`ll have to remove.

What color is your MB BTW?

MBZ 500E
04-05-2003, 04:11 PM
F1,

You were right about the clear coat, the Langka just wiped it right of so I guess no clear coat. It still turned out quite nice, not perfect but really good. Thanks for the tips!

Oh and the color of the car is Pearl Black Metallic.....Heres Side Shot, looks almost gold with the S100 Combo