PDA

View Full Version : PC 6" Counterweight

jetta_dls
04-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Wanted to say this is the best forum. I have the e-book, read it "cover-to-cover" I have bought all Zaino products, a PC and multiple pads from CMA. The 1 thing I need is a 6" counter weight for my 7424. I have done several searches and found coastaltools.com carries them. Problem that I have is that I really don`t want to pay shipping for a $1.95 part. Does anyone know if Lowes carries them? There is a Lowes about 50 miles from here and I have some friends that live around one.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Spilchy
04-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I bought it at Coastal Tool as well. You will be charged for $10 shipping on the internet. However, I got a personal e-mail from a representative over there indicating that since it was so small, they would charge me $4 for UPS shipping. I got it the following day.

You should get the e-mail like I did. If not, call them!

So, for $5.95, it ain`t too bad.

(You should note that I had it delivered to NY City and they are in CT. You are rather far from CT, so it may be more - give it a shot!)

imported_kgb
04-04-2003, 09:42 AM
What do you guys mean when you say counter weight? I just throw a pad on mine and start buffing. Do I need something else?

Lemonxxs
04-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 2001civicex

What do you guys mean when you say counter weight? I just throw a pad on mine and start buffing. Do I need something else?

inside the PC round thingy is a place to install the Counter weight.....all PC come with one.....

They have 2 sizes 5" and 6" which means that it is set up for what size head 5" or 6".............

make sense?:nixweiss

imported_kgb
04-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Guess My Name

inside the PC round thingy is a place to install the Counter weight.....all PC come with one.....

They have 2 sizes 5" and 6" which means that it is set up for what size head 5" or 6".............

make sense?:nixweiss

Yeppers...thanks! I will have to check and see what I got then.

TortoiseAWD
04-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by jetta_dls

Does anyone know if Lowes carries them? There is a Lowes about 50 miles from here and I have some friends that live around one. jetta,

Welcome to the forum! A fellow Nebraskan, even . . . enjoying our weather swing from almost 90` on Wed. to sleet this morning? :rolleyes:

I checked out Porter Cable`s website, and they show a couple of authorized service centers in Lincoln. If they don`t have a counterweight on hand, they can probably order one up for you:

THE TOOL HOSPITAL

1720 ADAMS ST.

LINCOLN, NE 68521

402-435-2996

ROBIDOUX INC.

1234 SOUTH 9TH STREET

LINCOLN, NE 68502

402-435-7203

Here`s the link on PC`s website to search for service centers (in case you need to check in Omaha, too): http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=257

Tort

Accumulator
04-04-2003, 11:33 AM
jetta_dls- Welcome to Autopia. I second TortoiseAWD`s suggestion about finding a local PC service center. It`s worth knowing where one is anyhow in case your PC needs work or you need something (that Lowes etc. doesn`t stock) right away.

jetta_dls
04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been lurking for about 6 months and finally decided I had a question that I needed to ask.

TortoiseAWD - Great idea. I cannot believe that I didn`t think of that. I had been trying to get the answer without bugging everyone. Yes this weather sucks! I just spent 4 hours on the exterior of the wife`s van on Saturday. Clayed, SMR, Zanioed. She had the cleanest Odyssey in town! Nothing like claying a van! My Jetta takes about 25% of the time. It was the first time I had used the PC. Worked very well.