PDA

View Full Version : spray pad with : QD,H20, H20+beer

gnahc79
04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
well, not beer, but you know what I mean :). I`ve been wetting the pad a little with some QD for meg`s #7,#9 and #26. No need for s100. Using QD is fine for just my car, but I think it`ll get kind of expensive for a bunch of other cars I do. I think using water would be the same, but my chemistry is rusty. I read on several threads that spraying a pad with a 50/50 mix of alcohol (what kind, rubbing?) and water...dunno about that.

For my mini-arsenal:

meg`s #7,#9, #26 - water

VM - says contains petroleum distillates, so the 50/50, QD or nothing? Haven`t used it yet.

oh yeah, this is all by hand. Haven`t joined the PC club yet.

imported_BretFraz
04-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I don`t understand why you are doing this. I see no reason to dampen an app for a glaze or SMR. Usually liquids make polishes "bite" harder. Is that what you want them to do?

I`m confused :confused:

gnahc79
04-04-2003, 12:51 AM
well, I applied the glaze on a dry foam pad once and it was like putting on toothpaste. Also, it didn`t feel like I was spreading the glaze thinly and evenly. If I dampen it with 1-2 sprays of QD the glaze goes on much easier for me. Dunno, maybe I`m doing something wrong.:nixweiss

CharlesW
04-04-2003, 04:40 AM
When Using AIO, I dampen the pad with water. The instructions for AIO say to apply with a damp pad, so....

None of the other products I use suggest a damp pad, so I use a dry one. Just seemed like following the manufacturers instructions was a good place to start. In your case, that evidently was not satisfactory and what you are doing seems to work for you.

Two things I would wonder about.

1- Will the chemicals in the QD change the makeup of the product you are using?

2- Will the water cause the product to react differently?

:nixweiss

Charles