PDA

View Full Version : Broke my VAC

Lemonxxs
04-03-2003, 03:51 PM
After 7 years service I fried my shop vac.....

I found a new outlet in the garage....hidden behind a file cabinet I have...plug the vac in...turn on.... :shocked and :scared pooooooof... black smoke ....nasty burnt wiring smell ....

Turns out the outlet was wired wrong....the previous owner tapped into AC circuit which is 220VAC...... knucklehead....... :angry

I just got back from Home Depot after days of research and bought new vac to cover garage/shop and detailing....

Cool Shop Vac (http://www.shopvac.com/web/products/detail.asp?ID=112&HdnSource=overview&StoreID=)

I like the shiny finish and the neat wheels :spot :dance

Scottwax
04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Don`t feel too bad, I am lucky to get 18 months out of a vacuum.

DaGonz
04-03-2003, 11:24 PM
I`m sure you already a have a few coats of wax on that new toy! :D

Lemonxxs
04-04-2003, 10:05 AM
You know I have not done that yet and guess I will.....

I will experiment with it...the CAN is Stainless steel......

Maybe a dust experiment....................

chris0626
04-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo0903

I`m sure you already a have a few coats of wax on that new toy! :D

:lol My thought exactly! As soon as I saw the picture, I just knew GuessMyName would be detailing that baby. Hey, GMN, look at the thread that came up recently about polishing the stainless steel Delorean; I seem to recall it had some good tips.

Lemonxxs
04-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah but the DeLorean is Brushed SS where as this is polished............

Lemonxxs
04-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ejant

That knucklehead probably used the wrong type of receptacle. Knowing he had a 220 circuit.

No cause he used the circuit to feed a whole wall of outlets I just found hidden behind plywood.......

You know when you move in a new house it takes I figure a year to actually move in and unpack:rolleyes:

I tell you what the 2 1/2" hose is huge...................I bought adapter to bring it dowen to the old 1 1/4" hose for car work but will keep it at 2 1/2" for the floors and when hooked up to my shop dust collection system........