PDA

View Full Version : Buying the PC

Dylansdad
04-02-2003, 07:49 AM
I have requested $$ to buy the PC for my birthday which happens to be this Saturday. We will not get into how many of those I`ve had !! Now for the real question....I am going to buy the PC from Coastal Tool for $119, along with it they give you their little bonus kit. What other pads and stuff will I need to buy in order to have most of what I will need to obtain some of the FABULOUS results I`ve seen here...??? And where is the best place to get them...........

Thanks....

schoi
04-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Welcome. :wavey

Well, I did the same thing you`re doing. To go along with that, I bought three white pads, one yellow, and one grey from CMA, although what you do with your pads may be different. With what I`ve gotten, though, I`m doing pretty well with. I have one white pad that is AIO-exclusive, and one other one is an SMR pad. The others are still in the plastic. :)

dmarcus48
04-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Which size pads did order from CMA? iI read somewhere on the forum that someone was suggesting the "advanced pads", I think that they were a little bigger than the normal pads. Does the coastal 7424 come with the velcro backing plate?

TIA

dmarcus48
04-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Which size pads did order from CMA? iI read somewhere on the forum that someone was suggesting the "advanced pads", I think that they were a little bigger than the normal pads. Does the coastal 7424 come with the velcro backing plate?

TIA :rolleyes:

sorry for the double post!

Steve @ Guru
04-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Folks, please - there`s tons of great info on the board, and I know that each of the following posts will more than answer your questions. :) Take a few moments to browse/read the following links:

4DSC`s excellent Porter Cable Comparison and buying guide (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14421&highlight=definitive)

Comprehensive Porter Cable Post with pad info, how-to`s, compound info, etc. (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1)