PDA

View Full Version : Final Polish-review

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
04-01-2003, 11:54 PM
I made a trade with Brian (NYDetailer). I sent him 16 oz of Quikshine and a pint of Vanilla Moose in exchange for a quart of Final Polish, a polymer sealant. Brian got the stuff from me first and told me that the combination of Vanilla Moose, Final Polish and S100 (in that order) was outstanding.

I first tested it on a black 1999 Toyota Solara. I had detailed the car last fall, so I knew other than the interior (owned by a heavy smoker), the car should be in decent shape. I had clayed it when I last detailed it and after washing, it still was real smooth, so I didn`t need to clay.

I used Vanilla Moose first, then the Final Polish. At first, I was using a bit too much and it streaked slightly when buffing off-using thinner coats made it wipe off streak free. It left the paint super slick (much like Vanilla Moose does) and very glassy feeling and seemed to deepen the shine a bit more. Topped with S100, and it turned out great!

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8781999_solara_black.jpg

I also did a red Acura CL Type S a few days later. He just wanted a two step, so this time I tried Final Polish and S100. Again, terrific results. Unbelievably slick paint and a deep wet shine. The white Lincoln next to the Acura also got Final Polish and S100.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782001_acuracls_red.jpg

I think these two cars will be a good test for the longevity of Final Polish (they claim 6 months), along with a tan Lexus LS400 I used Final Polish and S100 on later that week. These are all cars I do on at least a semi-regular basis-the Acura I wax every two months, the LS 400 every 3, and the Solara twice a year; so the Solara will be the best test, although slickness and beading will be noted on the other two as well.

Sorry, no pic of the LS400, I`ll try and get one next time, but the area it was parked in and the angle of the sun made getting a good picture impossible.

Anyway, my first impressions of Final Polish are very good. If it holds up like it is supposed to, it will be great to use on my customer`s cars who aren`t that good about having them waxed every 3 months.

Thanks to Brian for introducing me to Final Polish!:xyxthumbs

proshine2009
04-02-2003, 03:03 AM
they looks great. how do u compare final polish on red.

TurboCat
04-02-2003, 06:51 AM
So is this the same thing as Menzerna Final Polish?

I had PM`d NYD last fall @ this stuff but never got a reply.

imported_jgv
04-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I`m sure that Final Polish has nothing to do with Menzerna`s Final Polish. The last one is a pure polish with no polymers.

The closest thing I know (and own) like that is the Einszett`s Wax Polish, a final polish with polymers.

TurboCat
04-02-2003, 07:48 AM
Hmmm....maybe it`s this stuff then:

http://carpolishes.safeshopper.com

Scottwax
04-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by no1000

they looks great. how do u compare final polish on red.

Huh? :confused:

Look at the picture of the Acura.

Turbo Cat-this is the direct link to Final Polish

http://carpolishes.safeshopper.com/11/15.htm?851

I don`t think this product is related to Menzerna in any way.

ashsarna
04-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by TurboCat

Hmmm....maybe it`s this stuff then:

http://carpolishes.safeshopper.com

I think it is the same. It would be interesting to know what the durability actually is (I know it says 6 months but ...). It does look interesting:o .

Detailing NY
04-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TurboCat

So is this the same thing as Menzerna Final Polish?

I had PM`d NYD last fall @ this stuff but never got a reply.

Dude, I am sorry, I never saw it, or i deleted it by mistake. SO many PM`s its hard to keep track of.

Send me an email

thanks

nyd

ashsarna
04-09-2003, 03:20 PM
NY detailer or Scottwax,

Is this layerable?cIs itreally a wipe on/off wax or should we wait before buffing? Any daurability insight? Thanks.

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ashsarna

NY detailer or Scottwax,

Is this layerable?cIs itreally a wipe on/off wax or should we wait before buffing? Any daurability insight? Thanks.

It does have a light polish in it, so you can`t really layer it, but a few coats would polish the paint even more deeply, so I figure that would deepen the shine.

You can either go over the whole car and then come back and wipe it off, or work a section at a time. It dries very quickly and wipes off easily. The only problem I had with any streaking was my own fault, using too much product on a windy, humid 50 degree day.

Durability? I don`t know, I`ve only been using it a few weeks. Perhaps Brian has more insight on that.

johnson
04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
He told me it lasts 6 months.

ashsarna
04-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks Scottwax.

Another product to add to my short list to try (half is due to you, Scottwax!!;) ).

paco
04-10-2003, 03:36 PM
it has more to do with Scott`s abilities then the products themselves! Those freaking cars always look super amazing. Look at the lights on the Acura. WOW.

Scott, in your opinion. No products barred. What do you feel is the best combination to use to provide the best "POP"! How does FX compare with Final Polish?

By the way, I don`t recall seeing what type of camera or settings you use when taking your pics. Would you mind sharing that we us?

Another Hall of Famer for ya..

imported_jgv
04-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Scott used to be a photographer ;)

Detailing NY
04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Final polish is a poly that does last some time. I have let it sit on my car for a while then buff off. It works very will when used with Vanilla Moose.