PDA

View Full Version : cleaning muffler tip

jdal95
04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, my Neuspeed muffler has oxodized over the winter and now I want to bring back its luster for the summer. What is the best product and method to get the stainless steel tip back to looking new again? Enlighten me with some info on this topic and yes it probably has been around a few times on this site (no luck with the search)

thanks in advance

TortoiseAWD
04-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Eagle One Nevr-Dull is cheap and easy to find (I`ve seen it at pretty much every auto parts store I`ve been in). It`s cotton wadding impregnated with polish; just tear off a piece and rub on your exhaust to remove dirt and oxidation, then wipe off the residue with a soft cloth.

Won`t help with scratches much, but does remove grime, oxidation, and exhaust soot very well . . .

Tort

jerry@robs
04-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Pardon my ignorace, but what are wadding polishes? I read about the product description of EO but I have no clue what it looks like inside the jar and what it means.

Thanks

johnson
04-01-2003, 08:42 PM
If you can find a local distributer, the cans arent sealed. I cant really explain it but im trying to find a picture.

jerry@robs
04-01-2003, 08:50 PM
I can`t... there`s no wadding metal polishes here in manila, we only have the normal cream tube types or wipes.

panapower
04-02-2003, 01:23 AM
if you can contact APEX`i, then you can ask them for a tiny can of their cleaning material for SS mufflers. I used all mine up. You can also try to get FLITZ. not sure if they sell that anymore up there but it`s worth a try. you can prolly locate it at a gun store because it`s used mostly to clean guns.

HTH

AkronSi
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
My best description of the EO is a jar stuffed full of cotton. The cotton (wadding) is impregnated with a polish solution. I think wadding in general just refers to cotton or wool cloth.

imported_Aurora40
04-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah, it is sort of like cotton fluff that is soaked with the polish. You pull out a wad of it and wipe it on things. It is sort of like cotton balls, except that it pulls apart much easier. You don`t have to use an applicator, though, as the wadding is the app.

imported_ajbarnes
04-02-2003, 04:38 PM
I tried Dri-Wash N` Guard`s Chrome Polish Cream and it works pretty good...I`m satisfied with the results, customer`s are happy, no complaints.

imported_Kyle
04-02-2003, 06:23 PM
I heard MOTHER METAL POLISH is good, any one uses them>?

jerry@robs
04-03-2003, 01:53 AM
I see, thanks guys... :)

MildSeven: They`re great... :) But I stick to Autosol coz it`s cheap and works well.

chris0626
04-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by FNG

If you can find a local distributer, the cans arent sealed. I cant really explain it but im trying to find a picture.

I happened to be working with several metal polishes this weekend. Got a picture here of the Eagle One Never Dull. Perhaps it`ll help you.