PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs Protect All

daveskee
03-31-2003, 01:44 AM
I see Protect All was briefly talked about and reviewed by a few including Scottwax a ways back. Not much input or experience with it. Check out this testimonial from the Protect All website in which a user compares it to Zaino.

http://www.protectall.com/cus````sonjr.htm

Any comments?

Andre'
03-31-2003, 02:29 AM
This paragraph is all i needed to read.

3. Take my car inside the garage and start using the ProtectAll. I use one (soft cotton) washcloth to wipe it on and another to wipe it off. Do not let it dry and do very small areas at a time. My hood I will usually break into around 7 areas and my decklid about 5. My doors about 4 areas if that gives you any idea.

washcloth:eek:

imported_Larry A
03-31-2003, 10:28 AM
I used Protect All a few years ago It was great it left a good shine it was easy but when they added carnuba to it it lost something it would streak in the liquid version but not in the aerosol version If anybody buy it buy the aerosol Adam Huber the owner of the company use to like to tweek it to make it better I guess too many tweeks

CharlesW
03-31-2003, 11:37 AM
First off, no way would I ever try to compare Protect-All to Zaino. Talk about apples to oranges.

Last boating season, I used Protect-All during the year for cleaning and maintenance. Did a good job and I could use it on about anything on the boat. Vinyl, glass, gel-coat, plastic, it seemed to work on it all. Since I was using it about every couple of weeks, I have no idea as to durability. It seems unlikely that it would last very long. It has not replaced my full waxing of the boat at the end of the season, but it does get a lot of use. It is not part of my vehicle care system either. Also, the sprayer on the hand squirt bottle isn`t worth much.

It is available in the camping supply area at our local Wal*Mart.

Oh yeah, the washcloth thing, we have some very plush, 100% cotton hand towels and wash cloths that I would not hesitate to use on a painted surface.

Charles

daveskee
04-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Has anyone done a durability test using Protect All on a car application? I haven`t been able to find anyone who`s actually tested it. How about as a topper or QD?

shaf
04-01-2003, 05:13 PM
I wouldn`t be inclined to use Protect-All for either because of its specified job to clean and polish....