PDA

View Full Version : Interior fragrances...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kyle K.
03-30-2003, 10:21 PM
What do you guys use to get the interior of a car smelling nice for customers? I`ve noticed that a few of the products I use don`t smell so great, and a customer might find that a little annoying. Are there any fragrances you guys use or just products that smell better?

Thanks a lot. Thanks to you guys I`m actually starting to get my stuff together (still waiting for my DACP and Swirl Free though :(), and I got flyers printed too!!

Sweeet.:up

Anthony O.
03-31-2003, 12:26 AM
Kyle,

In the case of interior fragrances, two words.......

TACO BELL!:eek: :xyxthumbs

Anthony

Nitrous115
04-08-2003, 04:05 PM
I wouldn`t use anything you never know what the person likes or dislikes

xpguy
04-08-2003, 08:31 PM
i bought a new car in Jan 2003, I would like to retain the new car smell for as long as possible, What can I do to prolong the new car smell?

2wheelsx2
04-08-2003, 08:43 PM
The way to preserve the new car smell the longest is to keep it absolutely clean, and not allow any food in the car....one pizza delivery in your car and it`s game over!:eek:

Detailing NY
04-08-2003, 08:58 PM
I use a odor removal that smells great, I have never had a customer dislike it. It is not harsh but clean & crisp.

Thomasfl
04-08-2003, 09:04 PM
NY Detailer, where can you get that odor remover

Scottwax
04-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

In the case of interior fragrances, two words.......

TACO BELL!:eek: :xyxthumbs

Yeah, once or twice while working, I`ve floated an `air biscuit` in a customer`s car. I leave the doors wide open when that happens!

Personally, I think clean cars smell fine on their own, and most luxury car owners want their cars to smell the way they come from the factory-Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and Infiniti all have a distinct scent on their own. Blindfolded, I could pick out the interiors based on smell alone.

dr00t
04-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Yeah, once or twice while working, I`ve floated an `air biscuit` in a customer`s car. I leave the doors wide open when that happens!

Personally, I think clean cars smell fine on their own, and most luxury car owners want their cars to smell the way they come from the factory-Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and Infiniti all have a distinct scent on their own. Blindfolded, I could pick out the interiors based on smell alone.

Tisk Tisk Tisk Scott... LOL Thats hilarious!

I valet park cars too part-time...and when we get regulars that always poorly tip us, we always place "air-biscuits" in their cars...except...we keep all the doors and windows closed for them.

*evil smile*

LOL (I cant believe I just told all you people that!)

Neil Chadwick
04-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Airwick makes a commerical product which is an odor counteractant...It uses live microrganisms which actually neutralize the smell not cover it up....the whole idea is to get rid of the source....The new car smell is actually the chemicals reducing out of the vinyls used in the interior...Zainos leather conditioner is the closet reproduction to that smell that I have used....

NattyBumppo
04-09-2003, 08:50 AM
I keep two spray bottles filled with carpet/upholstery shampoo....one scented one not. I`ll ask the customer if they prefer a light scent and let them smell it. They make the call.

The scent I have a tropical sent. About 1 1/2 ounce per 32 oz spray bottle is all that it needs. At that ratio it`s nice and subtle.

huangdong28
04-09-2003, 03:18 PM
For the last 40 years, I have been hearing "Urban Legends" of the "new car smell" aerosol sprays that are rumored to be used by car dealers. Zaino leather conditioner smells nice, but it`s definitely not "new car smell". "Hanging" air fresheners with "new car smell" scent don`t come close, nor do the matching sprays. Yes, this is mostly the plasticizers leaching out of the vinyls, carpet and other plastics.

Internet searches turn up some commercial products that say they do this, but I have never seen any of them mentioned on this or any other site.

Has anyone succeeded in getting back that "new car smell?

Thanks.

TheOzzfather
04-09-2003, 09:14 PM
NYD sells the stuff a huge bottle is only $10!!! I will write a review of it again (last time I was lost in the 21 hour sever outage) I just need to find the time when I am not pooped out. Might go into work early tomorrow.

johnson
04-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by TheOzzfather

NYD sells the stuff a huge bottle is only $10!!!

1 full quart. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 10:16 PM
I`ve had a few customers lately tell me they wish they had painted surfaces inside their car that I could use Vanilla Moose on since it smells so good!

Pretty funny when someone comes out when I am using Vanilla Moose since I can see them sniffing the air and then they ask me what smells so good.