PDA

View Full Version : Is Crystal Mist worth $20 more/gallon over EF Clear Pearl?

RCK
03-30-2003, 02:54 PM
I`ve tried the crystal mist and love it but now it`s time to order more. EFCP seems to get really good reviews but curious if the Pinnacle is so much better that it`s worth the $20 more? Any thoughts?

Joe

Anthony O.
03-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Joe,

No

Anthony

ashsarna
03-30-2003, 09:02 PM
I have shifted from cm to efcp (I agree the cost is not worth it), actually, they are made by the same people.

AMP01
03-30-2003, 10:00 PM
CRUZMISL,

It depends on what color paint and what type of wax/sealant you are using. I have a jet black BMW and I seem to always use Souveran wax as a topper over a sealant like Poorboys EX.

I have tried EFCP, Platinum`s QD, Griot`s QD, CleatKote`s Quick Shine and Pinnacle Crystal Mist. On my black paint, hands down Crystal Mist seems to be the best QD over a wax like Souveran or P21S. It produces more of a deep, liquid, wet shine.

On a sealant by it self - or on a light colored car - out of all the QD`s I have tried so far, ClearKote`s Quick Shine works the best for me. It produces more of a reflective shine.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Brodydog
03-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Agree w/ Amp99 ... On a dark car that is already topped w/ carnauba, Crystal Mist is the best I`ve used, and I`ve used at least a dozen of `em!

On light colors, though, EO or any Megs will bring out some metallic highlights quite well at a lower cost... i still use Crystal Mist on my light cars as it seems to replenish the carnauba.

mvjon
04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I have noticed that Clear Pearl leaves a more reflective surface

due to its higher alcohol content.

Cryst Myst has more Carnauba but its not as shiny.

Now Zymol is the best for me. It has a thicker consistency than

all the other QD`s.

HellrotCi
04-04-2003, 07:49 PM
I did a test today between CM, OGSO and QS and found that CM was sorely lacking in the feel good department. What`s the feel good department you ask? :nixweiss That slick, silky feel I get from both OGSO and QS. The CM was included in my Forum Favorite kit I order from that auto geeky dot net place last fall. I had high hopes for all the stuff from Pinnacle, but CM, IMO is a big :down, along with their shampoo.