PDA

View Full Version : Caranuba topper for Klasse.. Help

Pages : [1] 2

corky
03-30-2003, 11:48 AM
This is my third post around the same topic and I apoligize but I have already delayed my detailing project since I was told that Meguires Gold Class will strip my Klasse. Gold Class gave my car that deep reflective shine I have always looked for. I have a dark Green accord and have tried several different waxes including Gold Class, Zymol and P21s. Gold Class was by far the best, but now I have choose something else since I am now informed GC has cleaners that remove Klasse. How Does Meguires # 26 compare to Gold Class? Will I get that same deep shine without stripping Klasse.... Or should I try Blitz Wax?

imported_BretFraz
03-30-2003, 12:34 PM
I`d suggest topping the Klasse with a good carnauba with no cleaners in it. Blitz is a fine choice; #26 paste would be fine; S100/P21S are excellent - pretty much any top quality carnauba will work on top of Klasse. Take your pick.

If you love GC so much why not top it with a carnauba and skip the Klasse completely? It won`t be as durable but you will be happy with the looks. Have you already tried the Klasse to see if you`ll even like it?

My point is, if you have a product combo you really like, why switch? Stick with what makes you happy, and that sounds like GC.

schoi
03-30-2003, 01:35 PM
#26 (preferably paste) is decent stuff. I used to use it over #7 all the time. Seeing as how I don`t want to be constantly hitting the `Vette with SMR and the PC, I`m probably going to go back to #7 and top it with P21S.

I`m with him, Derek. Forget going with something you want to try and basing everything around that. Do whatever you like. If that means using GC, then by all means, do it. Or, if you really want to try the Klasse thing, then top with #26. If it doesn`t turn out the way you want, you can always just go back to GC.

Good luck!

Kic26
03-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Ok Ive read so much now I have a ? I just bought a 98` black Firebird 4,000 miles never been inrain new veh, it has 8 coats of Klasse over 2 aio it is unreal the car has the most perfect black paint ive wkd on in 20+ yrs of pro detailing i love p21s but im scared to apply anything on top of this thing support help??? ska

corky
03-30-2003, 05:18 PM
I have used Klasse Before, I like the durabilty but It doesn`t giv me that deep "wet" look. Thats why I put GC on top. I just learned the GC is a cleaner so it will strip the Klasse. I use Klasse for the protection and GC for the look. I was just wondering how #26 compares to GC

imported_Intel486
03-30-2003, 06:14 PM
I use P21S as a topper on my coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. It really looks great and you can see the difference.

aorbeta
03-30-2003, 06:21 PM
are you guys hand applying the carnuba or PCing it on top of SG?

Nagchampa
03-30-2003, 06:23 PM
I agree on the P21S/S100 topper.

I do not see any benefit to using the PC to apply wax.

corky
03-30-2003, 06:27 PM
p21S was garbage when compared to Gold class (at least on my car) Gold Class was the hands down winner it produced a deep dark wet look on my car

captkirk2
03-30-2003, 07:26 PM
DerekH

Do you use the paste or liquid GC?

ashsarna
03-30-2003, 08:58 PM
I like s100/ps21, since you did not find it to your liking (I think it is better on light cars imo) I would try blitz wax or (my favorite on dark cars) souveran wax. Deep wet shine over klasse!!

corky
03-31-2003, 12:11 AM
I used Liquid GC, just want to know if #26 will give me that same shine

Andre'
03-31-2003, 02:06 AM
I`ve worked with all the products mentioned in this thread, and i think that Blitz wax or Souveran would give you the look you want. They both have a deeper shine than P21S or Klasse.

Mirror
03-31-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey Derrek, what did Zymol look like over Klasse.:D

I like Swissol better than Zymol however they are similar. You let Swissol dry to a haze wheras you don`t let Zymol dry.

I am about to do the perfect shine, I was ineterested if anyone had topped off with Zymol or Swissol.:xyxthumbs

rd_volvo
03-31-2003, 12:39 PM
P21s = Electric Sparkle Shine

Blitz = Warm Candle Shine