PDA

View Full Version : Used glass polish on windows. Fine scratches on it now...

MikesJo
03-30-2003, 03:38 AM
I thought i might try the AG auto glass polish i bought yesterday today. Well i used it on the front windshield and it looked fine afterwards, not until later in the evening when i went out did i notice all these fine minute scracthes through the windshield as the light came through. What do i do? Was i suppose to wax the windshield after the polish? Thanks

Lowejackson
03-30-2003, 01:07 PM
I would reapply the AG using softer pressure.

Steven

MikesJo
03-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Will that get rid of the scratches? And also do you guys usually wax your windows?

Re-Lax
03-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Make sure those are actually scrathes and not just lint form your towel. this has been a problem for me the the past with some MF towels.

shaf
03-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Try what Lowejackson suggested or maybe your applicator is too coarse - what are you using?

A small minority of people protect their glass with a sealant. Most people use nothing, Rain-X (popular), or Aquapel. But none of these are supposed to make it look shinier or anything, they just keep the water running off.

MikesJo
03-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Ok so reapplying it should make teh scratches go away. It`s all over the window very fine scratches. I used a cotton towel no mf towels. Do you think maybe the polish cleaned it so well that now i can see those scratches or i probably made the scratches...

2wheelsx2
03-30-2003, 05:35 PM
If you used cotton, there is a good chance that it`s just very fine lint. Did you clean with a glass cleaner afterwards? Use some EO 20/20 and scrub with a good MF, and if it`s lint, the windshield should be perfect. If you still see them, then indeed it is scratches and you`re going to have to go back over it with glass polish with lighter pressure to remove the scratches.

MikesJo
03-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks 2wheels. As long as it`s fixable i`m happy lol. I was worried all yesterday :rolleyes:. I will try it out when it stops raining...(vancouver rain..eh)

2wheelsx2
03-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Don`t I know it. I am polishing my wife`s car in my garage even as I am typing! ;)

MikesJo
03-30-2003, 06:25 PM
lol didn`t read the location :). My car is in the rain so yea...lol.