PDA

View Full Version : From New 2003 M5

Pages : [1] 2

Mirror
03-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey guys, I should be taken delivery of my new Beast in about 4 weeks. Just settling on some final products, any advise on order would be apprehiated.

After BMW gernis of the wax, we will wash the car twice.

Then we plan to 3M Clay. Wash again.

Then Pinnacle paintwork clensing lotion

Then 3M Foam Polishing Pad Glaze (Polish)

Then Klasse ALL-In-one

The 2 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze

Then either Swissol or Pinnacle Soveran.

Ive used Zymol HD-Clense before and it is awesome, but I see alot of guys here like the Pinnacle. Any comparisons.

Also I love Swissol, but haven`t tried Soveran as yet but I have ordered a Kit from Geek.

The 3M pad glaze is meant for a buffer but I`ve always done it buy hand. If you haven`t herd of it, I`m assuming its probably a lot like 3M Imperial Hand glaze (A polish not a glaze).:cool:

aorbeta
03-29-2003, 10:54 PM
good god, congrats on that beast! im so jealous...sounds like youre on the right track, take pics!!

Mirror
03-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks Low:D

I`ve actually done a contra deal with a quite famous Motorsport Photographer. Theres nothing quite like capturing a special moment like this professionally. I`ll post some pics as its coming in a very special colour as well.:eek:

MikesJo
03-29-2003, 11:34 PM
M5! :xyxthumbs

Jademonkey
03-30-2003, 01:06 AM
I assume since you are calling the M5 "beast" that you have been to www.bmwm5.com, but if not, go there and check it out. Great board for info on the M5.

Mirror
03-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Jademonkey

I assume since you are calling the M5 "beast" that you have been to www.bmwm5.com, but if not, go there and check it out. Great board for info on the M5.

You mean the Ultimate,Ultimate world of M motoring...:LOLOL I`ve been their considerably longer than here. I actually heard about this place from their.

I`m in disguise here. I haven`t yet revealed my identity. Their are a few bmwm5.com guys here.

I`m was hoping to learn enough here to rival gregs 996 in finish.:cool:

Mirror
03-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Hey Jade,

Oxford Green/Caramel very nice. I like the Black trim around the Kidneys as well.

Looking at a few of your posts, it was probably you whom I saw suggest this place to someone else on the board. I was also interested, so I followed the link.:up

I just chose a different handle here so I could talk pure detailing, and leave the Beast talk to the other Board. Although lately their has been a lot of talk on that board about waxing and swirl mark removal.

I`m a firm believer of the best way to remove swirl marks, is not to introduce them in the first place.

Thus I`m not allowing the dealership to detail my Beast. They have a large underground carpark, I`ll take extra lighting and do it their.:xyxthumbs

Hawkeye_TDI
03-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Hey Mirror,

Great ride! Oxford green is a very warm color too. The process and products you have laid out will work fine. Klasse is highly regarded on this site. PS is a great topper but does attract dust and dirt, presumable due to a higher than average oil content. Klasse with PS will make Greg jealous.

I have experimanted with Zaino, P21S, GEPC, SMR, PS, IHG and a host of other products. All have produced superior results with the right prep. Remember, It`s all in the prep. An average wax will be unrivaled with a great prep. Conversly a sealant like Klasse will amplify imperfections. Take your time with the SMR and PPCL, and you will be blown away with the results.

BTW Greg visits this site too, under the name carguy.

Good luck with the beast!

Bruce

imported_Greg
03-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Congrats...my 3 receives Souveran and one day so shall my M5.

Mirror
03-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Bruce Peter

Hey Mirror,

Great ride! Oxford green is a very warm color too. The process and products you have laid out will work fine. Klasse is highly regarded on this site. PS is a great topper but does attract dust and dirt, presumable due to a higher than average oil content. Klasse with PS will make Greg jealous.

I have experimanted with Zaino, P21S, GEPC, SMR, PS, IHG and a host of other products. All have produced superior results with the right prep. Remember, It`s all in the prep. An average wax will be unrivaled with a great prep. Conversly a sealant like Klasse will amplify imperfections. Take your time with the SMR and PPCL, and you will be blown away with the results.

BTW Greg visits this site too, under the name carguy.

Good luck with the beast!

Bruce

Thanks for the heads up Bruce. I love Swissol. It is similar to Zymol, but whereas Zymol says not to let it dry before removing, Swissol you let it haze over before buffing off. I find I don`t feel like I`m being rushed with Swissol. And Swissol gives instant results. The Zymol seems to take overnight before it compares to the immediate silky smoothness of Swissol.

I might actually try finishing up with Swissol. :xyxthumbs

imported_Greg
03-30-2003, 08:26 PM
A very special color...estoril perhaps? That would be so dope!! Imola would be fine as well. Post pics when you get it!

Brodydog
03-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Great car! Enjoy! :xyxthumbs When my Bimmers are new, I skip the polish and just wash, clay, AIO, SGx2, and Souveran. But I guess it depends on the starting condition of your paint...

Mirror
03-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey Greg, Its funny actually because I requested Estoril but after they placed the order they said I could no longer have it.

So I choose a BMW Individual colour. Its a little bit of a secret.

Whilst its not the first BMW to be painted in this colour, I believe it will be the first E39 M5 to be in this colour.

It`ll make a nice surprise. Its not White,Imola, LMB, or black, or yellow. Its not Sterling Grey or Carbon black, or Any or the greens or purples or blues. And its not Silver either.

Hey Low Tech, It was a question I had posted but didn`t get an answer. I too thought it may have been unnessary to polish the Brand new car. The AIO has a cleaning effect and the Soveran cleansing lotion is a sought of a light polish as well.

I might skip the 3M Polishing pad glase.:cool:

Kyle K.
03-30-2003, 10:38 PM
You say its not LMB... might it be.... LSB?

I`ve been a BMW guy for as long as I could read (Road and Track and European Car articles on the e30 m3 taught me how to read :cool: ) but since I didn`t have 70k to buy my first car I ended up getting a MINI Cooper instead of an M5. :D

jimmybuffit
03-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Yeah, what Bruce Peter said!

Strongly suggest you try (2 coats) Souveran/PS21 on at least half of the hood.

Otherwise, rock on!

Jim

Kyle K. :New Mini is on the way! Yellow with White stuff, including the wheels