PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Three Step

Jazz95
03-29-2003, 05:48 PM
I just thought I`d give my $.02 about Meguiar`s Three Step...

IT`S GREAT!!!

My car was beaten by the harsh winter that we had here on the east coast. The color is a deep, dark blue metallic. When winter was over, the color was a nice hairline scratched shallow LIGHT blue...I thought I was going to cry...:( :sosad

Then I tried Meguiar`s Three Step...Paint Cleaner/Body Scrub, Deep Crystal Polish, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax...

The scratches went away, the deep shine came back, and my Dad was so jealous that he ran out and bought his own bottles...he`s a Zymol fanatic.

I`d just like to thank Meguiar`s for making such a great product. It took two days worth of work, but the results were more than worth it.

Truthfully, I haven`t been able to locate most of the waxes and products that you guys use...(S-100, Zaino, etc.) So I decided to go with a brand that was well known and best of all...available.

If your car got beat up this winter, take a couple of days and use the three step...you can check out the entire line on the Meguiar`s website...that`s what I did first.

I used to be a Turtle Wax user, but I threw that stuff away once I saw the shine from the three step...:nono

Yours in detailing,

Jarrad

imported_Larry A
03-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Meguiars 3 step is great so is Mothers 3 step different people have good luck with different products different paints react to different products what works for me may not work for you visa-versa EXPERIMENT

LDPaul
03-29-2003, 11:00 PM
I totally agree on the Meguiars three step as I use it on cars that are in really bad shape. Customer`s are shocked when completed.

jfeliot
03-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Before Zaino I used Meg`s 3-step with good results. My old car was severely neglected for the 3 years I was in college and the Meg`s brought the finish back nicely.

Next time you should try claying first, just adds another little dimension to the slickness and shine.

jcattarulla
03-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Good job! Next time post before/ after pics.

When you are ready, and youi get a PC, try Meg`s PRO line: DACP, #9, #7, then a wax of your choice. The results will blow your mind, but keep EXPERIMENTING! That`s what it`s all about!

:xyxthumbs

Jazz95
03-30-2003, 03:19 PM
I know I know...I should`ve posted some pics. My digicam wouldn`t work right though...plus it rained the day after I did it...the beading is awesome :eek:

I`ll keep experimenting though...I know that there`s lots of stuff out there that I haven`t tried. If I can ever find some of that Klasse stuff I`d like to try that...I`ll keep looking for other ways to remove scratches and swirls too...:xyxthumbs

Thanks for the feedback!

Jarrad

bmkiss67
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
When you are ready, and youi get a PC, try Meg`s PRO

line: DACP, #9, #7, then a wax of your choice.

I`m new here and a bit lost too. I`ve just starting reading the post here and trying to figure out things I can do with my cars. So for my first, I`m sure there be a lot more, question what is a PC?

Thanks

chris0626
04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by bmkiss67

So for my first, I`m sure there be a lot more, question what is a PC?

click here (http://www.autopia.org/acronyms.php)

shaf
04-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Welcome to Autopia bmkiss57! :wavey

While I`m glad the Meguiar`s 3 step system has worked for people, it`s no surprise at all that it looks better than Turtle Wax or Zymol alone. The real difference is the Step 2 Glaze in both the Megs and Mothers systems. While 3 steps are still pretty mild when it comes to fixing paint defects, a glaze can really make the paint "pop" like no wax alone could. I bet if you skipped this step the results would be less impressive.

You have your foot in the shallow end of the water now! :D

imported_hntbambi
04-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Another greenhorn question here. Would there be a benefit of using KSG after the step 2 polish? I have read the steps and went with the Meg`s step 1 cleaner, step 2 polish, and #26 wax. I could not find a sealer locally.

shaf
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
If you want to use KSG, you`ll have to skip the step 2 polish. Glazes and sealants don`t like each other....

You may get some of the same effect of glaze if you put a few coats of SG on before waxing though. It probably won`t look the "same" but SG will also fill very minor swirling in my experience, hence its name.

eddiek
04-29-2003, 05:19 PM
I have a 2000 bmw 528i and used megs`s step 1,2,3. Its great and i recomend it for average detailers. Plus it gives the car a gorgius shine. You should also use the meg`s Gold Class shampo and conditioner. A great wash

Acura_RL
04-29-2003, 07:02 PM
I`ve used DCS cleaner, #7 and #26 on my sister`s Prelude and I thought the results were quite impressive.

I`d like to get DACP and #9 someday. But for now I`m going to use up what I got. ;)

I`d like to get a pc as well...:o say, even though #7 is supposedly a "hand glaze," can you use a PC to apply it?

shaf
04-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Acura_RL

say, even though #7 is supposedly a "hand glaze," can you use a PC to apply it? Sure, why not? :) Most products that are made for hand application will also work fine by machine, but not neccessarily the other way around.

Michaelwdes
05-01-2003, 02:43 AM
i didnt like it AT all.