PDA

View Full Version : Klasse & Blackfire

Pages : [1] 2

MicroRacer
03-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Anyone ever put Klasse over Blackfire or vise versa?

PEACE

Patrick
03-28-2003, 08:26 PM
I have on several occasion put BF II PP on top of AIO......Beautiful combo IMO.......

SergC
03-28-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by X-MAN

Anyone ever put Klasse over Blackfire or vise versa?

PEACE

Yup !

Klasse SG,Zaino,BFll,Platinum UPP are interchangeable in every way

:up

MicroRacer
03-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Ever have any problems removing the Klasse SG? I began with the SG, but it was a B---- to remove, so I dropped the Klasse and put down 4 layers of BF APP. It`s so smooooth. Like wiping off dust. I was contemplating trying the SG again,over the BF but thought I would get some oppinions first. Thanx for the input!:xyxthumbs

PEACE

SergC
03-29-2003, 12:37 AM
For removing Klasse SG use damp MF and immediatelly follow with dry one,then QD with Sonus QD which contains the same polymer as Klasse...

Never had a single problem with it:up

Serg

MicroRacer
03-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Never tried that method....I`ll check it out. They say "don`t let the SG dry" remove it while it`s wet.

How long do you let it stay on?

PEACE

SergC
03-29-2003, 06:43 AM
It`s totally the opposite !

It MUST be DRY.

Leave it for an hour or two,some people leave it over night and then buff off:up

Accumulator
03-29-2003, 11:59 AM
X-MAN- Yeah, what SergC said :up . I often let the SG cure overnight, and it comes of quite easily (with a MF). I also find that "fogging" the surface with my breath helps make it even easier to remove. I`ve had some of the "BFII smearing" issues, and find the SG is actually EASIER for me to use, though I prefer the look of BFII.

MicroRacer
03-29-2003, 12:27 PM
DAMN!! OVERNIGHT?? I would be afraid it would never come off!I`ll try your suggestions though.Sometimes the SG works out alright for me & sometimes it`s tough. That`s why I don`t like using it on other peoples vehicles. Too unpredictable. I have about 1/4 of a bottle of BF left, so I`m gonna lay down a couple layers of it today. Woke up this morning not jumping up and down over the BF I laid down yesterday. That`s a differant subject though. I`ll post about it later when I get my S--- together.

Thanx again guys for the advice:xyxthumbs I`m curious now to check out the Klasse again, but it will be awhile now.

SHALOM

MicroRacer
03-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Accumulator,

I wanna get back to you on that "BF LOOK"

A bit disapointed this morning as I said above.

:confused: I`ll put up a new post on that one.

PEACE

Accumulator
03-29-2003, 06:05 PM
X-MAN- Just finished putting another layer of SG on the (silver) MPV. Put it on the black plastic trim too. Gonna let it sit overnight and take it off tomorrow. We`ll see, but I predict EASY removal.

Oh, and while awaiting your next BF thread, let me say that I`m not totally THRILLED with its look either, at least without a topper (which I`m not applying to that vehicle). I DO like it better for that application (Audi silver) than I liked the Klasse. I`m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to how some of my cars look (ludicrous understatement! :p ). When I use up the BF I think I`ll try Platinum.

MicroRacer
03-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Well, Accumulator

How was the SG this morning??

Tell me all about it.

Do you apply it by hand or machine.

Gonna post about the BF now..............

PEACE

Accumulator
03-31-2003, 12:48 PM
X-MAN- If you haven`t already seen it, I replied on your other thread. Came off EASILY! Check out the other thread.

I applied the SG primarily by machine (PC, speed about 4.5, CMA gray finishing pad). I got in the habit of applying products (almost exclusively) by machine when I had rather severe shoulder problems/bicep tendonitis. The different motion (as opposed to hand application) let me keep detailing while I recuperated, and now this method helps me AVOID such problems (I`m 43 and I exercise rather strenuously-no margin for error when it comes to such injuries). I`m not saying it`s better than hand application, or even much faster, but I DO think I might get slightly better coverage. But it`s REALLY about not beating myself up physically (I do that during the workouts :D ).

MicroRacer
04-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah.. I have some SG sitting on the drivers side now. I did try the "damp" then "wet" MF method. Worked really well.....that time. I applied by hand this time..but I`m with you on the PC way. I was getting too much on the other day. It`s sometime hard to even out by hand too. I know how those shoulders can be. I have a torn Rotater...only a matter of time before surgery.

Hang in there Bro!

PEACE

Accumulator
04-01-2003, 05:48 PM
X-MAN- We`ll see how your future SG efforts go, but I don`t think the easy removal you experienced THIS TIME will be an isolated occurence :D .

You have a TORN rotator that`ll require surgery? Yikes :eek: ! If you`re gonna go under the knife, I`d get it done before summer so you can get your rehab out of the way. Mine didn`t require surgery, but it was still frustrating, trying to work around the problem for a few months. I`m noticing more and more Autopians mentioning shoulder problems :rolleyes: