PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Plexus on rubber moldings?

Preachers Sheets
03-28-2003, 07:28 PM
I haven`t take Jngerbrdman`s advice to purchase the 4 Star product and I didn`t have a spray bottle for the Meguiars rubber/vinyl protectant so I tried Plexus. Worked nice, not great but decent.

BoxsterCharlie
03-28-2003, 09:00 PM
I`ve tried lots of products on different types of plastics and come to the conclusion that Plexus is really only good for smooth, glossy surfaces. I use 303 for everything else.

Plexus claims to be for everything plastic, but it doesn`t seem to penetrate matte or textured surfaces.

303 claims the same thing, but it leaves a smearing mess on clear plastic windows which is tough to buff out.

I use Vinylex sparingly for a few surfaces which I want to catch some extra "sparkle" for the finishing touches on a interior job.

Kind of annoying that so many products do so many things. I mean, they pretty much all work well, but for Autopians we want that frustrating last 5% of perfection!

Preachers Sheets
03-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BoxsterCharlie

Plexus claims to be for everything plastic, but it doesn`t seem to penetrate matte or textured surfaces.

303 claims the same thing, but it leaves a smearing mess on clear plastic windows which is tough to buff out.

EXACTLY what I have noticed from using both products. I could of sworn I was doing something wrong.

Time to try the Meguiars product.

old_gonzo
03-29-2003, 10:49 AM
While Plexus has it`s niche (I like it on smooth plastics like headlight lenses, guage lenses and the rear vinyl window in the cloth top) I have never used it on rubber molding as I would not expect it to perform well.

Nick T.
03-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Rubber needs a product designed for use on rubber, not plastic. I highly recommend Gummi Pfledge, available from BMW dealers.

Preachers Sheets
03-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

Rubber needs a product designed for use on rubber, not plastic. I highly recommend Gummi Pfledge, available from BMW dealers.

David B uses a nice "Wurth" product. Going to the BMW dealer for that rubber protectant is a hassle.