PDA

View Full Version : Scudded By Garbage Truck-paint Chips

stoneweed1
03-28-2003, 12:18 AM
driving up the highway to work this afternoon when a garbage truck 30-40 feet ahead of me just spilled out a huge load of rocks/dirt onto the road.....my relatively new vehicle took a huge load of the rocks and i knew i was struck relatively hard by these rocks. Tonight i examined the damage........NUMEROUS (more than 50) small paint chips on the hood/front bumper......unbelievable!!!!!! I didn`t have any (well...maybe one or two really really small ones) prior to today. i am disgusted....it looks horrible.

any advice?.....i`ve comtemplated 3M invicishield but after numerous posts, i decided against it.

i`m going to call the garbage company, but i doubt they`ll do anything - didn`t a plate # cuz i was behind it and immediately slowed down. on my black car, the paint chips look horrible

imported_chewy
03-28-2003, 06:51 AM
Pursue the garbage company and they may have their insurance pick up your damage. Got a friend who is an attorney??

Good luck:xyxthumbs

Brandon DeFeo
03-28-2003, 05:58 PM
I too have a black daily driver. Sixty mile round trip to work and back every day. My front bumper and the hood have taken some abuse. Anything we can do short of re-painting?

Nocholis Rimnson
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Try Langka Product it Works...Blends the Touch up ..No more Blobs

www.langka.com

jcattarulla
03-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Langa has gotten several negative reviews here, so I`d suggest doing a search on it: meaning, look before you leap.

As far as harassing the garbage hauling company, consider this: Tony Soprano works in "waste management."

Preachers Sheets
03-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Talk to your insurance, they can cut you a nice check if you want to get your car re-sprayed.

Nocholis Rimnson
03-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by jcattarulla

Langa has gotten several negative reviews here, so I`d suggest doing a search on it: meaning, look before you leap.

As far as harassing the garbage hauling company, consider this: Tony Soprano works in "waste management."

I use the LANGKA with great results...Thats Why I Posted MY Results...I Have been Told By Some Other People that Langka does not Work on Silver...But It Works Great on my Black mercedes...I Also have a 40 mile drive to work so I get my share of Rock Chips..

Find a product you Like and Use it often!

bunker
03-29-2003, 12:23 AM
Gentlemen (and Ladies) the link is www.Langka.com.

I have not tried the stuff but read several reviews. I would be curious to try it.

stoneweed1
03-30-2003, 09:30 PM
after touching up with langka or a pen, would it be wise to put a stonguard 3M clear bra on it?

stoneweed1
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
estimate to repaint the hood and the bumper - $1100.00, i am considering it and then immediately putting some stonguard 3M invicishield on it

rockblocker
04-14-2003, 09:38 PM
I am getting a 3M clear bra from RockBlocker.com. They have great prices on their kits