PDA

View Full Version : What`s your favorite Leather Cleaner/Conditioner?

Pages : [1] 2

Blake325ic
03-28-2003, 12:10 AM
I haven`t had any luck with the cheap stuff in town, so I`m looking for something online. What`s the best stuff out there? I`ve heard a lot about lexol. Please, reasonably priced - I`m in college :nixweiss

TIA!

AUTOPIA4
03-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Yes, I highly recommend Lexol. I use do a Lexol job about every 3 months. It`s good b/c it has a separate cleaner and conditioner. Their are other products that say it cleans and conditions in one, but using common sence which would you think does a better cleaning or conditioning job.

Don`t be afraid to get your leather very wet. As long as you dry it properly and use a good amount of conditioner your fine. It usually takes me about 30-45 min to do a full int. leather job.

The only drawback about Lexol leather conditioner is that it takes about 24 hours to fully dry into the leather. During that time, it will feel a bit sticky.

Vegas1
03-28-2003, 04:58 AM
When I had leather in my last auto, Lexol`s cleaner and conditioner always did a great job.

acohen100
03-28-2003, 07:24 AM
I use Lexol for the large areas that need to be sprayed (like seats) and Zymol leather conditioner for the steering wheel, shifter and parking brake. The Zymol stuff is great but kinda costly. It leaves the wheel feeling silky.

Pats300zx
03-28-2003, 08:20 AM
I like Eagle One Leather Conditioner over Lexol. EO seemed to leave the leather alot softer and smelled much better than Lexol.

stevefromatl
03-28-2003, 09:17 AM
I also recommend Lexol. That`s all I use now.

johnson
03-28-2003, 09:21 AM
You can get Lexol in town at O`Rielly Auto Parts stores. Last time I checked, they were just under $10 each.

Nick T.
03-28-2003, 10:07 AM
There doesn’t seem to me to be a great deal of difference in the better quality conditioners, but Zymöl is my favorite. Leatherique is fantastic for rejuvenating older or very dirty leather.

<CENTER>:usa</CENTER>

LightYagami
03-28-2003, 10:38 AM
I like Lexol too. In Northern California you can get it at ACE Hardware and Orchard Supply Hardware.

panapower
03-28-2003, 11:27 AM
I`ve used it for YEARS on my football (soccer) cleats since they are made of kangaroo leather and it`s real delicate. It makes the boots soo comfortable and soft when playing. I use the same on our 3.2TL and on my brother`s 65 Stang. Lexol is ALWAYS on my shelf. :up :xyxthumbs

Blake325ic
03-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by PanaPower

I`ve used it for YEARS on my football (soccer) cleats since they are made of kangaroo leather and it`s real delicate. It makes the boots soo comfortable and soft when playing. I use the same on our 3.2TL and on my brother`s 65 Stang. Lexol is ALWAYS on my shelf. :up :xyxthumbs

I`m actually on scholarship for soccer, it never crossed my mind to use these conditioners on the boots. I`ll be sure to find some lexol and give it a try on my seats and shoes!

Thanks!:wavey

Where`s the cheapest place to purchase Lexol?

I was given this link:

http://www.horsehealthusa.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/misc/lexol.html?E+scstore

panapower
03-28-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Blake325ic

I`m actually on scholarship for soccer, it never crossed my mind to use these conditioners on the boots. I`ll be sure to find some lexol and give it a try on my seats and shoes!

Thanks!:wavey you`ll never go back once you use lexol on your game boots. been using it for 10 years now. heheheh. it`s the best thing for kangaroo leather being that it`s so thin and soft.

Lowejackson
03-28-2003, 04:37 PM
I use Autoglym, works very well on old leather, it cleans, protects, easy to use and lasts a long time - what more could you ask for?

Steven

Blake325ic
03-28-2003, 04:42 PM

Thanks!:wavey

Where`s the cheapest place to purchase Lexol?

I was given this link:

http://www.horsehealthusa.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/misc/lexol.html?E+scstore

Before I order this stuff from the above store would someone mind checking to make sure I`m ordering the right product. I looked on the Lexol Website and it appears to be the right stuff, but I don`t trust myself. I don`t want to end up wasting money on a bunch of stuff I can`t use.

Thanks again!

panapower
03-28-2003, 04:55 PM

Before I order this stuff from the above store would someone mind checking to make sure I`m ordering the right product. I looked on the Lexol Website and it appears to be the right stuff, but I don`t trust myself. I don`t want to end up wasting money on a bunch of stuff I can`t use.

Thanks again!

that`s the stuff we are talking about. you`re goot to go! :up