PDA

View Full Version : Bird and water spots

CamaroLady
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
I`ve found a couple of spots on the car that won`t come out with washing or QD, and I strongly suspect they were caused by bird droppings or acid rain. They don`t seem to have penetrated past the clear coat... and they really don`t show much on the surface. You really have to look hard to see them.

My question: Should I try to go after them with a deep cleaning polish or just leave them alone? (If the latter, can I assume they won`t get worse...??)

CamaroLady
03-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Anybody? Can I let water/bird spots go and ignore them?

imported_Tony
03-28-2003, 12:50 PM
There are a lot of post about bird dropping and water spots. The sooner you remove them the less damage they will do. For water spots one normally starts with water and vinegar bath. That is if QD did not work. If the vinegar does not work them 3M makes a product that some have had success with. I believe the product is called 3m paint restorer. I have found this product at Wal Mart but it is not located by the waxes. It was near the body repair products. Do a search and you should get some good infor.

good luck

Check out this thread:http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14757&highlight=paint+restorer