PDA

View Full Version : Durability of BF11

miamihawk
03-27-2003, 08:55 PM
If I apply 3 coats of BF11 over a 2 week period, will I get a half year of protection ? Before the BF11, I used dawn, then clayed, then meguires #9 before the BF11 twins. I would like to go at least 6 months before I go through this process again. Am I heading in the right direction ? I might add s100 as a topper once I get the 3rd layer of BF11 on. Thanks for any responses.

SergC
03-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Not sure about BF11... but BFll will last for several weeks not several mon. If you want 6 mon. try Klasse SG ;)

Patrick
03-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Hmmm.... With a topper ? The deal with toppers, is, they look great but dont last long, and I understand your need for one if using BF II....(Dust)...Im a pretty heavy BF II user, probably one of the more lucrative on this board, lol....I would say with weekly QD`s, a topper, and 3x BF II`s, you would get 6 months, although it would be stretching it in the Az summer sun.......Anywhere else in this AWESOME country, probably no problem, but So. Cal and Az, were pushing it to the limit.....:cool: :cool:

3 layers of BF II is sliiiiick......bet it looks sweet.....:xyxthumbs

And i would personally guarantee youll get more than a few weeks if it was my product, without hesitation.....Its definetly in the top 3 products for durability in my book....

miamihawk
03-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Really like it so far, its on a sedona red subie forester. I have had no problems with a haze showing up. I was skeptical at first when I read about problems that some have had when applying it. They are correct that a little bit goes a loooong way. I live in the mid west so maybe 6 months is realistic. Once a month with s100 should be easy enough.

imported_Aurora40
03-28-2003, 10:03 AM
I think it depends greatly on your car and your environment. I have no doubt that Blackfire on my constantly garaged (and constantly pampered) car could go toe-to-toe with SG on my wife`s constantly outside car. There are many many different factors that affect the durability of your protection. Blackfire is nice, and I`d bet it would outlast carnaubas, but my impression of it is that it isn`t gonna be a durability champ like Zaino or Klasse... but I don`t really know... :nixweiss

Accumulator
03-28-2003, 11:49 AM
miamihawk- Maybe you oughta hold off on the topper until you see how the BFII holds up. Especially since you like it so far and you`re not getting the haze. That would eliminate a sorta nebulous variable (as in, "has the topper worn off or do I need to BF again? What`s going on here?") while you see what your conditions require. A BF-compatible QD will help too, and won`t preclude another layer of BF if required/desired.

Like Aurora40, my BFII`ed car is always garaged, but it`s holding up very well with only the occasional BF QD after a wash.

miamihawk
03-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the input, i will wait a month and go from there. For the winter months I used meguires #26 and had the car looking nice, I do keep it in the garage most of the time. Problem is, I live on a gravel road and to keep the car looking in top shape, I wash 2-3 times a week. I hate the dust !! I can use qew and slap a layer of s100 on like I did through out the winter.

Patrick
03-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Miami, if your in a dust prone area to begin with, I would definetly top with something......But then again, its really just that initial coat of BF that attracts the dust, once washed, the problem is pretty much gone.....I havent used S100 enough to even give an opinion on it, but i dont think you could go wrong with it on top of BF.....I cant believe theres anything that could enhance what BF II does ? But maybe so, I guess I`ll find out when i use it !!

Accumulator
03-29-2003, 11:12 AM
miamihawk- OOPS, forgot about the dust issue (spoiled by silver cars and low-dust conditions). See what happens during your month-long trial period. Try using the BF QD (or some other BF-compatible QD) after you wash. If you DO top, at least the S100 is quick and easy.