PDA

View Full Version : zymol cleaner wax

imported_00zntn
03-27-2003, 08:39 PM
:wavey is this stuff any good the guy at advance auto said it was the best stuff they have.

MnRiverman
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
And it probably is one of the best they carry.

I used to use this sometimes. It is bottled by turtle wax for zymol, and it doesn`t last very long. It leaves a great shine, hides swirl marks, and leaves the finish very smooth.

However, it does stain plastic molding, and is rather pricey. I`d go for some Mothers Cleaner Wax if I were you. It`s cheaper and the paste version will last a bit longer.

HTH.

- Anthony

drrac2
03-27-2003, 10:13 PM
I have used this product extensively with excellent results on my black car. I agree with the others that it does not last that long, but gives excellent initial results.

You can now find this product almost anywhere, including outlet stores like Sams/Costco/PriceClub, where it is alot cheaper than your average auto parts store.

Remember to spritz each panel with spring water prior to your final buff with a microfiber in order to evenly spread the product.

I usually use 3M imerial hand glaze prior to the zymol.

I am new to this forum, and it appears that there are other products that are more popular (like souveran/s100/etc). You might want to surf around and ask some questions.

I am familiar with this product, however, and have gotten better than average results.

schoi
03-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it`s pretty decent stuff. Dusty as hell, though, and it will definitely stain trim. I like it, but I haven`t used it in forever. Smells great, too! :p

(Also: it was my understanding (as told to me by a Zymol rep) that the Zymol CW is actually made by Zymol but is marketed by TW as part of some agreement. True...?)

crooper
03-27-2003, 10:46 PM
after trying other products, i`m not impressed by zymol cleaner wax. my main issues with it were ease of removal, dusting and durability.

drrac2
03-27-2003, 10:53 PM
I noticed excellent results with a machine application as opposed to hand. It can be very difficult to rub true, and may require some extra elbow grease (but worth it).

As for the possibility of Turtle Wax making Zymol cleaner wax I dont know what the true story is???? I caught some heat on another mustang site by a guy claiming that Zymol cleaner wax is nothing more than blue, overpriced, turtle wax??

I was using Zymol carbon (the real expensive one) since 88, and I can honestly say that it does not perform better cosmetically. It may last longer, but in context of the maniacs on this site that apply 17 coats in one day (I prefer 20) I dont think longevity is an issue.

So the bottom line is I dont care if the cleaner wax is made in Guam and costs .50 cents, if it works than use it.

Just my .02 cents

DETAILKING
03-28-2003, 12:59 AM
I can sum it up as:

Decent shine

Can be difficult to work with

Stains trim

Not very durable

.....if you can find a zymol manufacturing facility....please show it to me.

MnRiverman
03-28-2003, 01:00 AM
From what I understand, it is made by zymol in the turtle wax factories (cause real zymol comes from Germany) and then distributed by turtle wax under the zymol name.

jasonatv22
03-28-2003, 04:01 PM
It darkens the paint (black) nicely and smells good. Though it seems to set up too quickly, (this from a former NuFinish person who now uses S100) and is a bear to get off. Good smell? Sure, but who cares, this stuff is hard to get off.

Before I bought it, I had read it was hard to get off. I didn`t listen. Let me say, It`s hard to get off. (Hard to get off...hard to get off...)

If I wash and don`t wax, I might do the hood with the Zymol. But any larger surface than that and my patience gets thin.

imported_Larry A
03-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Zymol cleaner wax is made by Turtle Wax under licence from Zymol It is made in Bedford Park Illinois just outside of Chicago In the summer they somethimes test their new products on employes cars in the parking lot Its a lot of fun to watch

drrac2
03-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Whats the difference where its made? I am actually ELATED thats its made here in the USA.

Lets reiterate: Inexpensive, looks great on black cars, made in the USA............................NOT BAD?

Souveran on the way, I will let you know what I think at 4pm the day of detailing when the sun gets real low.