PDA

View Full Version : washmitt recommendations

owedme1
03-27-2003, 12:39 PM
I have used a synthetic sponge in the past, and yes, they do retain dirt. I am planning on purchasing a washmitt. I did not see any recommendations in the reviews section. Could you provide me insight as to what to look for and/or recommend one. Thanks.

Bobby G
03-27-2003, 12:49 PM
owedme1,

Conventional wisdom is that "natural" is better:

1. 100% cotton chenille

2. Lambs wool

I also like some of the new microfiber mitts that I have tried.

db

Glossequation
03-27-2003, 01:33 PM
I use the 100% sheepsking mitts with leather lining on the inside from Walmart. They feel extremely smooth when going over the car and also hold a good amount of soap..

shaf
03-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Welcome to Autopia owedme1 :wavey

Don`t forget that the Search function is a great help for simple and hard questions alike. Sometimes if you get too many hits try searching for Titles only.

DavidB pretty much gave the 2 most popular choices. The lambswool mitt is also called sheepskin - check for the leather on the inside if you`re not sure if it`s the right kind. Cotton chenille mitts are harder to find and test for genuineness. Try running a search for sources of each.

imported_Kyle
03-29-2003, 12:25 AM
my sheepskin mitt starts loosing his hair..guess I should apply Rogain..:rolleyes:

Kyle K.
03-29-2003, 01:56 AM
Instead of using a MF wash mitt, can I just use a MF towel folded up? This will be basically the same thing right? I don`t like having the water and mitt weighing down my arm and stuff.... its just odd.:nixweiss

shaf
03-29-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by MildSeven

my sheepskin mitt starts loosing his hair..guess I should apply Rogain..:rolleyes: True, I always forget to mention this happens, but chenille probably lints too. Now that my sheepskin mitt is well-used, the hair shedding seems to have almost stopped (finally).

Accumulator
03-29-2003, 11:22 AM
owedme1- Welcome to Autopia. I COULD climb back on my usual soapbox and extol the virtues of the Griot`s Garage Boar`s Hair Brush! :D

Kyle K.- The more popular MF mitt has MUCH longer strands/nap than a MF towel. The mitts that ARE like the towel didn`t seem plush enough for my tastes. Unfortunately, the heavy, weighed-down-with-water-and-soap mitt is gonna give you the safest cleaning (unless you go with QEW or something similar).