PDA

View Full Version : The summer isn`t here yet, but.....

boywonder
03-27-2003, 10:13 AM
I already have 3 clients lined up to detail:

a) 2003 Grand Marquis (Blue)

Brand new car. Not much needed to detail it but owner is requesting Klasse. I just cleaned the door sills and the steering wheel with EF HI (diluted 50%) in order to get rid of grease stains. This one is actually going to be the easiest as I am going to wash, clay, and Klasse.

b) 2000 Maxima SE (Black)

This car was well taken care of but has a lot of swirls on it. This vehicle is definitely going to call for DACP and Klasse.

c) 1998 Blazer LS (Red)

This one`s going to take the longest. The exterior needs the full treatment (Wash, clay, Polish/Swirl Removal/Klasse). Also, this person is going to be referring me to more clients if she`s satisfied.

Then outside of that, I have to do work on my own Maxima (Wheelwells), Pastor`s Concorde, and my gf`s Blazer as well.

Bobby G
03-27-2003, 10:28 AM
It feels like it`s going to be a busy spring. I was chatting with Terry at CMA earier in the week and he said on Monday they had over 250 orders to fill from the weekend. That`s a lot of people getting ready for spring cleaning.

boywonder
03-27-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a feeling that you are right. Many folks in these parts are anxious to remove all the layers of salt from their cars and want their cars looking pristine for the summer months.

If I have to do any interior work, I have a deal worked out with a shop in my neck of the woods where I can use their facilities and equipment when needed.

Unfortunately, I still have to wait 30 more days until I can Klasse my `02 Maxima. :grrr:

Scottwax
03-27-2003, 08:34 PM
I`ve been booked a week in advance for the last 3 weeks now. I sure hope it doesn`t rain so I can catch up and start taking Sundays off again!

imported_dl9589
03-27-2003, 09:59 PM
I`ve got 3 to do within the next few days also. All from the same guy.

2003 Mustang GT. New car, so it shouldn`t be that bad. But he had a family members dog jump up on the side of the car and leave a nice scratch down the driver`s side door. From what I can tell I will be able to remove it without a problem.

2000 Honda Odyssey(sp?). Again, a new vehicle so it shouldn`t take that long.

1997 Ford Explorer. This one will be a real treat, just been run through the swirl wash it`s whole life. The real problem comes with the inside of it. It is the guys work vehicle, he drives state to state and sells insurance. He is constantly eating fast food in it. So I`m sure there are plenty of stains.

I doubt anyone will remember but, I did his Honda Accord last summer, it was really nasty inside and out. Came in lightly oxidized with faint scratches everywhere, and left looking awesome!!! He was selling it, and wound up getting 1500 more than he was asking for!!!!!!

boywonder
04-09-2003, 06:36 PM
I forgot that I still have a Navigator to do. Also, I have a friend`s Town Car to do as well. :D

Scottwax
04-09-2003, 10:34 PM
This is what I`ve got lined up:

Thursday:

Suburban and Cadillac DTS-wash both

LX470 and Excursion-wash the LX, wash/wax the Excursion

Acura TL-wash

Friday:

Mercedes C280 and Mercury Maurader-wash/wax C280, wash the Maurader

2 Lexus LS400 and Chevy Tahoe-wash both Lexi, wash/wax the Tahoe

Lincoln Town Car limo-wash

Saturday:

Mercedes S55, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Dodge Ram 1500-wash the Caddy and Dodge, wash/wax the S55

Mercedes S420-wash

Mercedes S500 and BMW X5-wash both

Sunday:

Going to Six Flags!

Monday:

Ford F-250 crew cab with a camper shell-full detail

Ford F-150-wash/wax

Oh yeah, and today?

Washed a BMW 745Li, Expdition, F-250 and detailed a Mercedes ML430.

whew!

boywonder
04-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Considering it was cool yesterday, I had my friend with the 2000 Maxima go to the hand wash I use. After the wash, I saw quite a few things that the illustrious dealer prep (:rolleyes: ) didn`t catch.

I saw some minor etching from burd manure on the vehicle. On top of that. this vehicle is swirled.

My plan of attack for this vehicle is going to be:

a) Wash with Gold Class

b) Swirl removal with DACP, PC, and yellow pad

c) Polish with Klasse AIO

d) Glaze with Klasse SG (3x)

e) After final coat of SG is cured, the car will be topped with S100

The 2003 Grand Marquis belongs to her father and just needs AIO/SG/S100. :D

BTW, 2 weeks until my `02 gets its first detail of 2003. :D