PDA

View Full Version : Walked in to buy DACP and they talked me into "Norton"

Bruce Jenkins
03-26-2003, 08:49 PM
I went to the auto paint supply company where I buy a few of the products mentioned here and when I walked up to the counter with my DACP the rep (who sounded like he really knew what he was talking about) spent 30 minutes telling me how the Norton products are really better. Norton actually just distributes products made by Autoglum (Spelling may be wrong) of which I have heard were good. Please, any thoughts before I open this bottle???

Kimo

Steve @ Guru
03-26-2003, 09:04 PM
I usually take that sort of information with a big grain of salt, because I used to work part time at an auto parts store (national chain) while I was in college.

Often, manufacturers will offer incentives to stores and the employees, so if you get a guy who`s interested in collecting a little extra cash with his next check, he might tell you just about anything to get you to buy the product. Or, perhaps they just had a class on the product, so they`re gungho about it...who knows.

I doubt that it`s a bad product, and it`s probably worth trying - if it`s made by AutoGlym, it`s going to be pretty decent. They`ve made products in Europe for a number of years, and are held in pretty high regard. Go for it, and let us know your experiences - best case, we`ll learn something new, worst case, you`ll have another product sitting on the shelf at home. :D

imported_edschwab1
03-26-2003, 10:33 PM
I was reading elsewhere, the Norton Abrasives are new to the market. Norton is not a new company.

Norton Liquid Abrasives (http://www.nortonabrasives.com/automotive/catalog/tier.asp?cst=A230010010)

Eric

Bruce Jenkins
03-26-2003, 10:38 PM
GS:

I agree with your thoughts regarding why he might have been so excited about the product. He kind of knows me though from all the other purchases I have made and he knows I am really anal about my shine and swirls (Like who isn`t on this board) so I thought he really might be trying to show me something new. He was not knocking the DACP, just trying to get me to look at this. But, you are really right when you say something about the shelf:) :) :)

Anyone else know about this product, or better yet, use it?

Kimo